Robot Arena Matches > Tournament Archives

Turf (SBV)

(1/4) > >>

8bean:

Splash:

Matchups: spoilers!!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15Zp5kbMr0ZVRfZcoFScw9xoQobm4HXHxOpXK55ERwhU/edit?usp=sharing

General Rules
-DSL 2.6 IRL
-Edited Parking Lot Arena (Removes invis walls and walls between hazard zones)
-16 Entrants

Tags
-Each entrant creates a custom graffiti tag which can be 1-4 characters long
-This tag signifies your crew, as owner of the tag you will be captain of the crew.
-Bots must have a spot on their chassis or a custom component displaying their tag.
-If you need help making a tag here is a good place to start. Otherwise, I can make one for you.

Crews
-During fight week if a robot loses it will join the winning robot's crew.
-If the robot that lost is the captain of the crew, then all other bots in that crew will be transferred to the winner's crew.
-If the robot is not captain of the crew, then the losing crew will still be in the event, just minus that bot.

Fight Format
-The event will start out with 7 rounds of random head to head matches between crews. This is called fight week.
-After fight week is over, the remaining crews will duke it out in a single elim bracket, seeded via how many bots are in each crew.
-If a crew loses in the bracket, all bots on the crew are transferred to the winner's team, even if the owner's bot was not present in the fight.
-Captains are allowed to enter one or two robots that are in their crew in each round of fights, including the final bracket
TLDR: Win fights to win opponent robots. If the bot you entered loses, your team is controlled by whoever you lost to.

Building Rules
-I retain the right to reject any bot for any reason
-Robots that use servos or motorized hammers must be AI'd beforehand.
-One bot per person
-Multibots and walkers/shufflers are banned
-Bots with multiple configs must only use one for the whole tournament.
Weapon Limits:
Spinners:
- VERTS: 2 large teeth (15+kgs) ex: Large Typhoon, Ripping Teeth, etc OR 4 small teeth (7-14kgs) ex: Small Typhoons, Large Nightmare, Cutting Teeth, Heavy DS Teeth, etc OR 8 Small/6 /Med/Large Beaters. Everything else will be a case by case basis
- HORIZONTALS: Can have either a max of 3 large teeth, or 4 small teeth.
- WEDGELESS DRUMS ONLY: Can use up to 12 Small, 10 Medium or 8 Large Beaters. Other teeth types would not be allowed on these bots.
- Use basic common sense if mixing weapons (ex: 4 small typhoons and 2 larges is not allowed on VS)
- TO CLARIFY A WEDGELESS DRUM: robots like DID and Roka are wedgeless drums(eggbeater in Roka’s case) whereas something like Phantom is wedged drum
----------------------
Axes/Hammers/Clamps:
- Just don't be dumb and use 3 frenzy hammers or something
----------------------
Flippers:
- Front/Rear hinges are allowed up to 1 Beta Burst/Motor or 2 VDMA R/P Bursts/VDMA Front Hinged/Storm Burst/Mag Snappers
- Top Hinges are allowed 2 Mag Snapper maximum. Pneumatics are banned
- ALL flipper types must have a flipping arc of 90 degrees _| <- like that.
-------------------
cheatbot2:
- Overkill motors are the ONLY other CB2 part allowed
---------------------------
Other:
- Spikes are the only damaging weapons allowed on the front of rammers, wammers are banned
- All DSL 2.5 IRL edition armors allowed
- Skirts only allowed on dustpans with proper support
- Mechavore and Minion Discs are banned for all bot types.
- Configbots are banned
- Bots that are too unstable will be rejected
Fight Rules
-1 havok reset allowed per match
-3 min fight
-Judges Decision will be based on Damage Aggression and Control
-If a robot has all of its wheels removed then it will be considered knocked out
-A manual countdown will be initiated if a bot cannot show controlled movement for more than 20 seconds

Other
-The winning team captain of turf will receive their very own custom crown component which will be allowed at all future tournaments I host.

Signups
Builder Name: Tag
1. Code Red: SOD
2. SamFM52: EM
3. Cringey: CRNG
4. Lilly: UWU
5. motmotthebot: MOT
6. Smallsmallrose: ROSE
7. KJ:SHCK
8. NeonCalypso: ERTH
9. ForceOfWill: FOWR
10. Botbuster: BTBR
11. coolkid6969: SDB
12. Swindobots (Bot Pending): WALS
13. Orc: ORCZ
14. 090901: MAO☭
15. BSRaven: B3LB
16. Moziet: OWO
17. Pocket Jake: JW
18. Norii: (Japanese Symbols??)
19. Skewed: SWD
20. TommyProductionsInc: TPI
21. TheRoboteer: GREG

Green: Accepted and AI'ed
Purple: Accepted
Red: Rejected

If you are interested in this tournament please fill out the strawpoll so I can gauge interest ---> https://strawpoll.com/polls/QrgeV5OkKZp <---

Gulden:
I am slightly confused.  Does one entry equal a full crew (so 16 crews?), or does one entry equal one member of a crew?
I'd also like to ask how many robots are in a crew.

Otherwise, I like the idea.

ForceOFWill:
Could there be something like an execution elimination if a bot loses to many times because theoretically speaking you could however unlikely fall into a loop where 3 or 4 bots just keep trading wins and the competition would never end. Also Please make this happen I'm already working on Bots and have my Tag with a "logo" made

8bean:

--- Quote from: Gulden on June 16, 2022, 06:33:18 PM ---I am slightly confused.  Does one entry equal a full crew (so 16 crews?), or does one entry equal one member of a crew?

--- End quote ---

Both of these are true. Each builder can only enter one bot, this bot is considered captain of its crew. Every crew will start out with only one captain robot at the beginning of the event. Which means that after the first round of fight week there will be 8 crews left with two bots in each, the winner being captain and the loser being just a regular bot that the winning crew now controls.

--- Quote from: Gulden on June 16, 2022, 06:33:18 PM ---I'd also like to ask how many robots are in a crew.

--- End quote ---
There's no cap to how many bots a crew can have.

--- Quote from: ForceOFWill on June 16, 2022, 08:57:57 PM ---Could there be something like an execution elimination if a bot loses to many times because theoretically speaking you could however unlikely fall into a loop where 3 or 4 bots just keep trading wins and the competition would never end.

--- End quote ---
I could see this being an issue if there was only two teams left. However, since there will hopefully be several teams still competing in the later rounds of fight week this probably wont happen. Besides, even if all the crews are just trading bad bots back and forth, the fight week would end after 7 rounds no matter what so the tournament would end eventually.

8bean:
Since the poll has gained enough interest signups are now open.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version