Robot Arena Matches > Tournament Archives

Sakura Sunrise - in-season

(1/11) > >>

Lilleh__:

Sakura Sunrise is a DSL IRL tournament featuring five weightclasses and a fight card format w/ a points scoring system similar to what I did in the round robins for War of the Weapons.

Competition format
Five weight classes (LW, MW, CW, HW and SHW)
Episodes will be fight cards consisting of a mix of each weight class
Each bot gets a set number of randomly drawn fights (the number of fights depends on how many bots are entered into its weight class) and points will be scored based on the result of the fight and added to a league table
Points per fight outcome are as follows: 3 for win by KO or DQ, 2 for win by JD, 1 for loss by JD, 0 for loss by KO or DQ
You are allowed to enter a maximum of one bot into each weightclass

Battle rules
3 minute fights
Custom arena: the temple
If a havok ends a fight or alters its course or the game crashes, I will retake the fight
I will retake the fight between 5 and 10 times (depending how long each take lasts before being cut short) before restarting w/ the time rounded to the nearest minute at the time of the havok/crash
I will not be retaking fights if nothing happens (i.e. 3mins of wedgelocking or both bots spinning in circles), in this case I will just speed up the footage
A bot will be deemed KOd if it is sent out of the arena, has its chassis destroyed, is counted out by the game, spikeballs or fails to self-right for 30 seconds (this will be extended if the opponent gets in the way), loses all its wheels (a 10 second count out will start when the last wheel is removed) or takes damage that will cause it to cease to function realistically (i.e. Oreo Hurricane against Black Hazard in HBBQ2 or Lindorm against Intergalactic in hangargames)
If a bot causes too many havoks that end or alter the course of a fight, it will be DQd from the match.

AI rules
Providing your own AI is encouraged, but not required
Eternalflame.py is banned
Rammers are not allowed to use Pinner.py or Omni.py w/ engage tactic
You are welcome to use a custom .py on your bot as long as you send it to me alongside the AI
If you do not AI your own bot, it must be possible to AI w/ a .py included in the base DSL 2.4 download
If I deem your custom .py to be too OP or game breaking, I will reject it

Build rules
All weightclasses
General
DSL 2.4 IRL, this will be strictly enforced w/ regards to clipping and supports
CF, BFE, OBJ are legal
All bots must have all necessary motors wired correctly
Components not included in the base DSL 2.4 download that are allowed include locked NPCs and any coloured component pack not included in DSL 2.4
Custom skinned components are allowed as long as all changes are cosmetic (texture and display mesh)
Effort barrier: I will not be accepting bots that are featureless outside their primary weapon from anyone, I will be more lenient w/ this on new builders, but if you have more than 6mths of experience building DSL IRL I will be stricter, and how strict depends on how good a builder you are
SNS and meltybrains are banned, thwackbots are allowed as long as they are of the overhead torque reaction variety
If you want to enter a walker or shuffler, please send me images of the bot or the botfile and tell me what weightclass its for, then I can evaluate its drive train and give you a weight bonus
Weapon rules - spinners
DSL hammer heads, sledgehammers, frenZy hammers, Behemoth hammers and battle and gothic axes are banned on spinners
Burst rules
All flippers are limited to a max burst arc of 90 degrees
All bursts are limited to a max arc of 2.9 radians
Short pneumatics include extra short and short R/Ps and VDMA front-hinges, long pneumatics include medium, medium wide and long R/Ps and storm front-hinges
Chained bursts are banned except where absolutely necessary for the bot’s design
Wedge rules
Spike strips are banned as wedgelets, but allowed for all other uses
Flail wedges (wedges mounted to free hinges or axle mounts) are banned
Skirts are banned on wedges, unless used on a dustpan w/ adequate support (can still be used on the sides of the bot like on Panic Attack)
if a wedge edge on a skirt hinge is used as a lip to a wedge, I will reject the bot if I feel it sticks out too far from the low edge of the wedge
Other
cheatbot2: Overkill motors, Razer claw motors and cannons allowed, everything else is banned
Wedgeless rammers are allowed spikes (but no other damaging weapons) on the front ramming face
Wedged rammers are not allowed any damaging weapons on the front ramming face
Flamethrowers are allowed on both wedged and wedgeless rammers
DSL-S bot types that do damage in unrealistic ways are banned
All extenderbots must have a baseplate that covers the entire bot from underneath
Configbots are allowed a max of 3 configs
Clusterbots are allowed a max weight split of 60/40
All extenderbots must have sufficient internal framework for what’s inside them (mounting everything onto the extender anchor and then BFEing them to float in the place you want them is not allowed)
All extenderbots must have a baseplate covering the bottom of the bot
LW
General
Bots must weigh between 175.1kg and 250kg
Tracked bots will be allowed a 31kg weight bonus, meaning they can weigh up to 281kg
Weapon limits - spinners
Slap Happy blades banned
Large Typhoons, ripping teeth, Killalot claws: 2 on rings and shells, banned on all other spinners
Small Typhoons, cutting teeth, large Nightmares, heavy DS: 2 on VS, HS and hammer saws, 4 on rings and shells, banned on wedgeless drums and FBDs
Beaters (all sizes): 2 on VS and hammer saws, 3 on HS, 4 on rings, shells, wedgeless drums and FBDs
Meat tenderisers: banned on spinners
23kg hammers: 2 on tribars, rings and shells, banned on all other spinners
259, Backlash, Minion (both sizes), Dreadnought, Mechavore (both sizes) or Pussycat disc or Moros or MOE (the bar, not the teeth) blades banned
Max of 1 Ronin, Potter or Billy Bot disc or Fluffy blade
Burst limits
Beta burst: banned
Pneumatics: 1 of any size on front-hinges and spatula rear-hinges, 2 short or 1 long on non-spatula rear-hinges, banned on top-hinges, other bot types will be reviewed on a case by case basis
Snapper motors: max of 1 mag snapper on top-hinges, other bot types and snapper types will be reviewed on a case by case basis
Weapon limits - axes/hammers
DSL hammer heads, battle axes, 60kg sledges, frenZy hammers: banned
Behemoth and Overkill blades: max of 1
Other heads will be reviewed on a case by case basis
Other
Max of 1 non-cosmetic flamethrower per bot
Max of 1 non-cosmetic ant blade per bot
MW
General
Bots must weigh between 250.1kg and 400kg
Tracked bots will be allowed a 50kg weight bonus, meaning they can weigh up to 450kg
Weapon limits - spinners
Slap Happy blades banned
Large Typhoons, ripping teeth, Killalot claws: 2 rings and shells, banned on all other spinners
Small Typhoons, cutting teeth, large Nightmares, heavy DS: 2 on VS and hammer saws, 3 on HS, 4 on rings and shells, banned on wedgeless drums and FBDs
Beaters (all sizes): 4 on VS, HS and hammer saws, 6 on rings, shells, wedgeless drums and FBDs
Meat tenderisers and 23kg hammers: 2 on tribars, rings and shells, banned on all other spinners
259, Backlash, Minion (both sizes), Dreadnought, Mechavore (both sizes) or Pussycat disc or Moros or MOE (the bar, not the teeth) blades banned
Max of 1 Ronin, Potter or Billy Bot disc or Fluffy blade
Burst limits
Beta burst: banned
Pneumatics: 2 of any size on non-spatula rear-hinges, 2 short or 1 long on front-hinges and spatula rear-hinges, banned on top-hinges, other bot types will be reviewed on a case by case basis
Snapper motors: max of 1 mag snapper on top-hinges, other bot types and snapper types will be reviewed on a case by case basis
DSL hammer heads, battle axes, 60kg sledges, frenZy hammers: max of 1
Behemoth and Overkill blades: max of 1
Other
Max of 2 non-cosmetic flamethrowers per bot
Max of 1 non-cosmetic ant blade per bot
CW
General
Bots must weigh between 400.1kg and 600kg
Tracked bots will be allowed a 75kg weight bonus, meaning they can weigh up to 675kg
Weapon limits - spinners
Slap Happy blades limited to 2
Large Typhoons, ripping teeth, Killalot claws: 2 on VS, HS and hammer saws, 4 on rings and shells, banned on wedgeless drums and FBDs
Small Typhoons, cutting teeth, large Nightmares, heavy DS: 4 on VS, HS and hammer saws, 6 on rings and shells, banned on wedgeless drums and FBDs
Beaters (all sizes): 6 on VS, HS and hammer saws, 8 on rings, shells, wedgeless drums and FBDs
Meat tenderisers and 23kg hammers: 3 on tribars, rings and shells, banned on all other spinners
Max of 1 259, Backlash, Minion (both sizes), Dreadnought, Mechavore (both sizes) or Pussycat disc or Moros or MOE (the bar, not the teeth) blades
Max of 2 Ronin, Potter or Billy Bot disc or Fluffy blade
Burst limits
Beta burst: 1 on all bot types, banned on top-hinges
Pneumatics: 2 of any size on front-hinges and rear-hinges, banned on top-hinges, other bot types will be reviewed on a case by case basis
Snapper motors: max of 2 mag snappers on top-hinges, other bot types and snapper types will be reviewed on a case by case basis
Behemoth and Overkill blades: max of 2
Other
Max of 2 non-cosmetic ant blades per bot
HW
General
Bots must weigh between 600.1kg and 800kg
Tracked bots will be allowed a 100kg weight bonus, meaning they can weigh up to 900kg
Weapon limits - spinners
Slap Happy blades limited to 2
Large Typhoons, ripping teeth, Killalot claws: 2 on VS and hammer saws, 3 on HS, 4 on rings and shells, banned on wedgeless drums and FBDs
Small Typhoons, cutting teeth, large Nightmares, heavy DS: 4 on VS, HS and hammer saws, 6 on rings and shells, banned on wedgeless drums and FBDs
Beaters (all sizes): 6 on VS, HS and hammer saws, 8 on rings, shells, wedgeless drums and FBDs
Meat tenderisers and 23kg hammers: 3 on tribars, rings and shells, banned on all other spinners
Max of 1 259, Backlash, Minion (both sizes), Dreadnought, Mechavore (both sizes) or Pussycat disc or Moros or MOE (the bar, not the teeth) blades
Max of 2 Ronin, Potter or Billy Bot disc or Fluffy blade
Burst limits
Beta burst: 1 on all bot types, banned on top-hinges
Pneumatics: 2 of any size on front-hinges and spatula rear-hinges, 3 short or 2 long on non-spatula rear-hinges, banned on top-hinges, other bot types will be reviewed on a case by case basis
Snapper motors: max of 2 mag snappers on top-hinges, other bot types and snapper types will be reviewed on a case by case basis
Behemoth and Overkill blades: max of 2
Other
Max of 2 non-cosmetic ant blades per bot
SHW
General
Bots must weigh between 800.1kg and 1200kg
Tracked bots will be allowed a 150kg weight bonus, meaning they can weigh up to 1350kg
Weapon limits - spinners
Slap Happy blades limited to 3
Large Typhoons, ripping teeth, Killalot claws: 4 on VS, HS and hammer saws, 6 on rings and shells, banned on wedgeless drums and FBDs
Small Typhoons, cutting teeth, large Nightmares, heavy DS: 6 on VS, HS and hammer saws, 8 on rings and shells, banned on wedgeless drums and FBDs
Beaters (all sizes): 8 on VS, HS and hammer saws, 10 on rings, shells, wedgeless drums and FBDs
Meat tenderisers and 23kg hammers: 4 on tribars, rings and shells, banned on all other spinners
Max of 1 259, Minion (both sizes), Dreadnought, Mechavore (both sizes) disc or Moros or MOE (the bar, not the teeth) blades
Max of 2 Backlash or Pussycat discs
Max of 3 Ronin, Potter or Billy Bot disc or Fluffy blade
Burst limits
Beta burst: 2 on all bot types, banned on top-hinges
Pneumatics: 3 of any size on non-spatula rear-hinges, 3 short or 2 long on front-hinges and spatula rear-hinges, banned on top-hinges, other bot types will be reviewed on a case by case basis
Snapper motors: max of 3 mag snappers on top-hinges, other bot types and snapper types will be reviewed on a case by case basis
DSL hammer heads, battle axes, 60kg sledges, frenZy hammers: max of 2
Behemoth and Overkill blades: max of 3
Other
Max of 3 non-cosmetic flamethrowers per bot
Max of 3 non-cosmetic ant blades per bot

Tech checks
The following tech checks will be carried out on all bots entered
Botfiles will be checked and any weapon/motor limits being exceeded or illegal components/BFE will be noted
Run through Silverfish’s bot scanner to confirm any cheating via use of cheatbot2 or BFE
Extenderbots will be put through the bot exporter to confirm if any components the scanner says were BFEd to be chassis mounted are chassis mounted
The bot will be checked in the botlab to make sure nothing clips illegally and everything is adequately supported
The bot’s entire weapon setup will be disassembled to check for stacking
The bot will be driven in the test arena to make sure everything is wired properly
OBJ bots will be tested in battle to make sure they don’t crash the game from taking a single hit (more than 200 faces on the chassis), but if it crashes from a control board hit (more than 86 faces), it will just be deemed KOd if this occurs in the competition

Signups are now open and have a deadline of 24 june.
Entries list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CSCiF4i_Ai5XkHZvMNZ5Kx5gapaNhLakPLURv89g6lo/edit?usp=drivesdk
Please send your entries either through pms on GTM or dms on discord @Lilleh__#0625

Lilleh__:
Signups are now open.  You have one month to get your entries is.

Lilleh__:
24hrs into signups and the number of accepted bots has already equalled the number of bots accepted into War of the Weapons in the entirety of its signups, and I've still got bots I've yet to check!

Lilleh__:
Extreme Build Rules: 36 bots in 2mths
Sakura Sunrise: 45 bots in 2 days

Lilleh__:
Two weeks of signups remain.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version