Author Topic: Robotic Destruction League Series 2  (Read 2105 times)

SamFM52

Robotic Destruction League Series 2
« on: January 27, 2021, 12:08:29 PM »
Robotic Destruction League
Hello and welcome to Series 2 of the Robotic Destruction League. After the success of the last tournament I have decided to run it again.

So what is this tournament. Well there will be a more detailed ruleset in a link at the bottom of this however I thought I’d go through some of the basic rules and regulations. It has the same layout as Orc Wars however I’ve made a fair few changes to the ruleset but the foundations are based in Orc Wars.
This is a tournament for heavyweight bots. So 600.1kg to 800kg. Generic DSL IRL ruleset will apply but there will be a link to the full ruleset which will explain everything in more detail. The battle format is a fight card style of battles. Each robot will be guaranteed 3 fights. With at least one televised fight. (My hope is to televise all of them but if we get some boring fights those may be highlights). After all robots have fought 3 times we will move to the selection phase for the top 32. All 3-0 robots will go through. Some of the best performing 2-1 robots will also be put through automatically. There will then be a fight night of qualification battles between robots who have not been selected for a chance to qualify. Finally, there will be a desperado tournament. 8 bots that went either 0-3 or 1-2 will fight in a single elimination tournament. The winner will get the 32nd seed in the round of 32. From then on it’s a single elimination bracket to crown our second champion
Bot submissions will be done by DMing me on discord. Please send me your bot with any skinned component folders needed to make the robot work. AI lines are encouraged but not 100% mandatory. Do be aware though I am not the greatest AI line writer so it would be preferable to have AI lines written by yourself. To begin with you may submit two bots. 64 bots will compete. Signups close when the 64 bot threshold is reached. If signups start to slow I may allow 3rd entries.
We have 5 automatic qualifiers from last tournament. Clown C4r, Shred Challenge, Slem and Slam 2, Smart Iffy and Jaws: The Revenge. Builders of these bots (Cringey, Neon Calypso, Lilleh, Bild and IBD) are allowed to enter 3 bots. HOWEVER, one of the bots must either be the automatic qualifier or a sequel to the automatic qualifier (Smart Iffy 2 if one has been created for example)
That’s not all though. This series we will be having a world championship. 32 Robots will be entered into the official world championship however all builders may submit 1 bot for the world championship. You can select any country you wish. If we get more than 32 entries for the world championship, then there will be qualifiers for the spaces. Countries with multiple bots wanting to represent them will be prioritised first for qualifiers. What this means is let’s say we only require 1 qualifier bout so we have 33 bots. If we have 2 bots wanting to represent the USA and every other bot is representing a single nation, then the 2 bots from the USA will fight. Once again the 5 auto qualifiers from series 1 (Clown C4r, Shred Challenge, Slem and Slam 2, Smart Iffy and Jaws: The Revenge) are all automatically in the world championship and those builders can still enter an extra bot for the world Championship. However, the two bots must represent different nations. You can also enter a bot that is not in the main competition into the World Championship.
Hopefully you guys will sign up for this and I will do my best to make the community proud with this tournament.
Link to ruleset - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vgHh7vfmoQZl3GmLneTHXBscT06kHIZU/view?usp=sharing

Offline Gulden

• Am I still considered active?
  • Rep: 7
  • Currently trying to make a Riff in Time and Space.
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2019 BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Gulden#1901
Re: Robotic Destruction League Series 2
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2021, 01:16:41 PM »
If I have a request, please actually post the videos on GTM this time.  I completely missed the tourney last time.
I have several opinions.

Offline TommyProductionsInc

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 12
  • The Forum Autistic
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2021, 03:30:37 PM »
Alright, I'm in!

(EDIT: I can't find any rule regarding modular or interchangeable weapons. Is that a thing for this tournament?)

SamFM52

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2021, 12:24:02 AM »
Alright, I'm in!

(EDIT: I can't find any rule regarding modular or interchangeable weapons. Is that a thing for this tournament?)

You are allowed up to 3 configs including your main bot

SamFM52

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2021, 12:24:32 AM »
If I have a request, please actually post the videos on GTM this time.  I completely missed the tourney last time.
Where do i post the videos?

Offline TheRoboteer

• Mr Big Blue Flipper
  • Rep: 9
  • "I HATE SEBASTIAN COE!"
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2021
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: TheRoboteer#8784
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2021, 01:20:44 AM »
Where do i post the videos?
Just make a post with a YouTube link in this thread when you upload one. It'll embed automatically
Notable Tournament Performances:
The Beginner's Guide to IRL:
https://gametechmods.com/forums/tutorials-and-tips/irl-a-beginner's-guide

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • The Forum Autistic
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2021, 03:28:34 PM »
What arena is being used? I can't find text regarding that either.

Offline TheRoboteer

• Mr Big Blue Flipper
  • Rep: 9
  • "I HATE SEBASTIAN COE!"
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2021
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: TheRoboteer#8784
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2021, 06:00:25 PM »
What arena is being used? I can't find text regarding that either.
Robogames I believe
Notable Tournament Performances:
The Beginner's Guide to IRL:
https://gametechmods.com/forums/tutorials-and-tips/irl-a-beginner's-guide

SamFM52

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2021, 05:46:23 AM »
SIGNUPS NOW CLOSED sorry was a tad late on this

SamFM52

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2021, 04:34:49 AM »
Just to let you know where i am at with RDL. Recording wise i have got 2/3 fight card rounds recorded completely (so every bot has had 2 fights atm). I've done 2 fights of the first fight card of round 3. My plan is to record all fight card fights before moving on to editing. So when will RDL episode 1 premire? Well that depends. Instead of finding non copyrighted music to fight too. A good mate of mine who made a couple of the battle music and the music inbetween battles is making a bunch of music for me too use. So when he gets me the music is when i can start releasing the episodes.

HOWEVER, I do have a small episode for you. Episode 0. Introducing the bots:

SamFM52

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2021, 03:25:52 AM »
Opening titles

SamFM52

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2021, 06:02:55 AM »
Episode 1 is now live

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • The Forum Autistic
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2021, 12:03:10 AM »
Episode 1 is now live

SamFM52

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2021, 09:16:42 AM »
Episode 2 is now live

SamFM52

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2021, 08:11:01 AM »
Forgot to post that episode 3 is up

SamFM52

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2021, 08:11:30 AM »
Episode 4 is also live

SamFM52

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2021, 09:56:56 AM »
Episode 5 is now live

SamFM52

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2021, 03:14:19 AM »
Episode 6 is now live

SamFM52

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2021, 03:47:24 PM »
Episode 7 is now live

SamFM52

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2021, 05:35:14 AM »
Episode 8 is now live (sorry its a bit late)