Robot Arena Matches > Tournament Archives

RA2 World Cup 2021 (Entries CLOSED)

(1/2) > >>

superbomb122:

Well guys, I've been talking about it enough, but I'm finally ready to announce my inaugural RA2 World Cup! 32 robots, representing nations around the world, will take part in what I hope will be one of the premier tournaments in the community! The rules for this tournament are below.

Rules for Entry:

32 robots will be accepted, 1 per person.
Entries are not first come, first serve
In order to have a complete entry, you must send your robot, country of choice, and AI
Your country can be any officially-recognized FIFA nation, including sub-national entities like Scotland or Hong Kong
It is preferred that members from the USA/UK don%u2019t take the home countries of other members, such as the Czech Republic, Philippines, or Colombia. If you have heritage from a country, it%u2019d be preferred you represent that one, but it%u2019s obviously not required.
Blatantly offensive entries will be denied regardless of whether they follow the rules laid out in the Building Rules. As a rule of thumb, just don%u2019t enter stuff like Mecha Hitler or put %u201C**** Palestine%u201D on your bot. Seriously, it%u2019s not hard.

Building Rules:

IRL ruleset, Heavyweight class
Active weapon rule
The only CB2 component allowed is the Overkill motor. Flatmotors are entirely banned

Weapon limits:
- VS and HS are limited to 2 large teeth, 4 small teeth, 6 large beaters, or 8 medium/small beaters
- Wedgeless drums are allowed 8 large/medium beaters or 12 small beaters. Again, flatmotors are banned, even on wedgeless drums.
- Mechavore discs are allowed. Minion/Dreadnought discs, as well as Ant Blades, are banned
- Front/Rear hinges are allowed up to 1 Beta Burst/Motor or 2 VDMA R/P Bursts/VDMA Front Hinged/Storm Burst/Mag Snappers
- Top Hinges are not allowed to use pneumatic motors (VDMA or Storm bursts). Top hinges are defined as any robot with a flipper more shallow than its wedge. They are allowed up to 2 mag snappers
- Pneumatic motors and Beta motors have a max burst angle of 90 degrees. Mag snappers have a burst angle limit of 180 degrees.

Axle wedges are banned
Eternalflame and meltybrain are banned
Clusters and configbots are banned to make recording easier on me
Belted motors must either be mounted on an extender or reasonably supported by their chassis for realism purposes (EDIT: The axle must be supported by the chassis itself in order to mount the motor to the chassis).

Tournament Format

Robogames Arena, 3 minute fights
- If a robot touches the floor of an OOTA zone, it is eliminated
- Judging will be carried out by a 3 person committee, Classic Battlebots criteria
- Fight-affecting havoks before the 2:00 mark will cause a restart without penalty. After the 2:00 mark, a havok will trigger a JD.

The format will be similar to the FIFA World Cup
- 32 robots, 8 groups of 4
- Each group will participate in a round-robin round
- 3 points for a win, 1 point for a JD loss, 0 points for a KO loss
- The two bots with the most points in each group will move on to the single-elimination round to determine the champion

I will be entering Phantom V as a representative of Portugal.

Below is a provisional list of entries:
1. Superbomb122 - Phantom V (Portugal) - Legal
2. Zorua - Dingo (Australia) - Legal
3. TheRoboteer - Claymore (Liechtenstein) - Legal
4. Botbuster - Bullbot (Spain) - Legal
5. Nabi - Phoenix Light 2.0 (Czech Republic) - Legal
6. Kelimpel - Our Greatest Ally (Israel) - Legal
7. SamFM52 - Bengal Tiger (Bangladesh) - Legal
8. Norimium - Citrine (Brunei) - Legal
9. KidDelta - Mosa-Rex (Sweden) - Legal
10. TheOrcCorp - Deadgnaws' Revenge (England) - Legal
11. NeonCalypso - Mayor Marikina (Philippines) - Legal
12. DylanTRM - Bloodshot (USA) - Legal
13. MrMatthews - Black Star (Ghana) - Legal
14. Hexbug - Al Mudamir (Palestine) - Legal
15. KJ - Ocean Sun Wave (Seychelles) - Legal
16. FnafGuy - Paul of Iraq (Iraq) - Legal
17. motmotthebot - Mecha Tarantula (Canada) - Legal
18. Kaiser - Hornet (Germany) - Legal
19. skewed - Deja Vu (Japan) - Legal
20. IdiotBrickDoctor - Isombard S (Scotland) - Legal
21. Lilleh - Alexander (North Macedonia) - Legal
22. WonderfulProgress - Arrolin (China) - Legal
23. NickyDustyOwl - Mecha Breaking Point (Singapore) - Legal
24. 8Bean - BTS (South Korea) - Legal
25. SwindobotsJP - Lithe 4 (Wales) - Denied (Clipping internals)
26. Hodo Drew - Rift (Hong Kong) - Legal
27. 090901 - The Eternal Leader (DPRK) - Legal
28. Probably Rob - Derailer 3 (Cyprus) - Legal

Sign-ups will begin at 6:00AM Central Daylight Time on June 2nd, and will end at 6:00PM on June 20th. If I do not receive 32 legal entries by this time, I will decide whether to extend the deadline or just have byes. Again, this is not first-come, first-serve, so don't worry about needing to enter on June 2nd to actually get in.
It is almost time for for the tournament to begin! In the meantime, I have created the splash and drawn the groups, all below:

Splash

Groups

superbomb122:
Entries for the RA2 World Cup are now open!

superbomb122:
14 bots have been received! Also, I have clarified the rule about the mounting of belted motors (Perms and belted TMW3Rs) after realizing the initial wording was very vague.

superbomb122:
Signups have been extended to June 26th because I have been busier than expected as of late.

superbomb122:
I have now received 19 entries! Remember, Sign-ups close on June 26th, at 6:00PM Central Daylight Time (UTC -5). That is just under 4 days from when this is posted. Good luck!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version