Author Topic: New Tournament - Robotic Destruction League  (Read 925 times)

SamFM52

New Tournament - Robotic Destruction League
« on: December 13, 2020, 02:43:13 AM »
Hello and welcome to my first and hopefully not last tournament. Welcome to the Robotic Destruction League

So I know in the community my bots can be a bit jokey. Or that I'm not the most serious of people. But this tournament is going to be serious. I want to create a respected tournament that people are excited to enter. That's well presented and edited. So hopefully I can create something that brings more enjoyment for people.
So what is this tournament. Well there will be a more detailed ruleset in a link at the bottom of this however I thought I'd go through some of the basic rules and regulations. It's essentially the Orc Wars ruleset with some tweaks I've made to it. (If you're going to copy someone copy the best right). When I get more confident I'll design my own ruleset but for my first ever tournament I'll use something I know works.

This is a tournament for heavyweight bots. So 600.1kg to 800kg. Generic DSL IRL ruleset will apply but there will be a link to the full ruleset which will explain everything in more detail. The battle format is essentially 2015 Battlebots. So there will be 23 bots I need from you guys as I will be submitting one bot myself. Each robot will fight one other robot in a qualifying match. Win and you qualify for the last 16. These winners will then be ranked by me from 1 to 12. I will also be choosing 4 losers that I think deserve a second chance. Whether that be because they put up a good showing or be it because the robot looks interesting or had untapped potential. I will be taking input from the viewers to help me decide on what robots deserve a second chance. These robots will then be ranked from 13-16. From then on, it's a straight knockout, single elimination bracket to crown our champion. Fights will take place in the 2016 Robot Wars Arena.

Bot submissions will be done by DMing me on discord. Please send me your bot with any skinned component folders needed to make the robot work. AI lines are encouraged but not 100% mandatory. Do be aware though I am not the greatest AI line writer so it would be preferable to have AI lines written by yourself. To begin with you may submit two bots. Then if a week passes and we haven't got enough bots I will open up third entries.
There is one final bot submission rule. This rule is only in effect for the first series of the Robotic Destruction League. You can't submit a bot that has reached the top 4 of any competition not hosted by yourself. This is so that we can see some good bots that have maybe got unlucky with bad draws and such reach their potential and we can crown a new champion.

Hopefully you guys will sign up for this and I will do my best to make the community proud with this tournament.
Link to ruleset - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vgHh7vfmoQZl3GmLneTHXBscT06kHIZU/view?usp=sharing

Ruleset:
Basic Tournament Stuff:
DSL-IRL ruleset - Robots must look as close to real-life designs as possible/insides must NOT be clipping through each other nonsensically. (Batteries inside motors, flippers passing through insides etc)
Heavyweight limit of 800kg.
Skinned components are encouraged so long as you send me the files necessary for it to function
BFE/OBJ are legal.
You can only submit a robot that has never made a top 4 in any competition that wasn’t hosted by yourself. (This will only be a season 1 rule as I hope to do more seasons but I want to give a robot a title that has never won a championship)
Weapon Limits:
Spinners:
- VERTS: 2 large teeth (15-24kgs) ex: Large Typhoon, Ripping Teeth, Large Nightmare, etc OR 4 small teeth (7-14kgs) ex: Small Typhoons, Cutting Teeth, Heavy DS Teeth, etc OR 6 Small/Medium/Large Beaters.
- HORIZONTALS: 2 large teeth (15-24kgs) ex: Large Typhoon, Ripping Teeth, Large Nightmare, etc OR 4 small teeth (7-14kgs) ex: Small Typhoons, Cutting Teeth, Heavy DS Teeth, etc OR 6 Small/Medium/Large Beaters.
- Wedged drums are allowed provided 50% of the drum is visible: Can use up to 10 Small, 8 Medium or 8 Large Beaters. Other teeth types would not be allowed on these bots.
- Mechavore/Minion discs of both sizes banned.
- Maximum allowed weapon weight of 100kgs for non-cosmetic damaging weapons allowed on a bot (including dsl bars). This does NOT include your weapon setup (disks, extenders, etc).
- 2400 max dp allowed.
- Use basic common sense if mixing weapons (ex: 4 small typhoons and 2 larges is not allowed)
- TO CLARIFY A WEDGELESS DRUM: real examples, Magnetar is a wedged drum while Tornado/Sabretooth are wedgeless.
----------------------
Axes/Hammers/Clamps:
-These robot types struggle as it is, therefore just don’t take the piss with them. (Example, 5 burst axe bot or sticking everything you can on one axe).
----------------------
Flippers:
- Front/Rear hinges are allowed up to 1 Beta Burst/Motor or 2 VDMA R/P Bursts/VDMA Front Hinged/Storm Burst/Mag Snappers
- Top Hinges are allowed 2 burst/VDMA or Mag Snappers maximum.
- ALL flipper types must have a maximum flipping arc of 90 degrees _| <- like that.
-------------------
cheatbot2:
- Flatmotors allowed ONLY on wedgeless drums and overhead saws. VS/wedged gutrippers that use drums do not count. Not allowed as drive motors, max of two flat motors per bot
- Overkill motors and Razer motors are the only other CB2 parts legal
---------------------------
Other:
- Damaging weapons on the front of rammers/wammers are allowed. If you plan to use weapon teeth the same limits apply as they do on spinners. If you plan on using spikes or anything like that just don't go too overboard
- All DSL 2.2 IRL edition armors allowed
- Skirts only allowed on dustpans with proper support
- Free hinges/axles are banned for wedges/wedgelets. These are allowed for details like Rat King’s tail/Purin’s headband however!
- Ant Blades are banned for all bot types.
- No EternalFlame.py or logic.
- No servos UNLESS you can AI it yourself then feel free to send me the servo bot with the AI.
- No meltybrains.
- Clusterbots are allowed: they must strictly be Middleweights. No minibot nonsense. 50/50 split.
- No weapon spam or stacking. I won’t limit parts but I will be clamping down on robots I think are pushing it.
- No excessive extender spamming/stacking (Extenderbots are allowed of course but if you use extenders to armour your bot….just use the armour panels!)
Qualification:
23 bots (24 including 1 bot entered by me
Each robot will fight one other robot. Win and you qualify for the last 16.
These winners will then be ranked by me from 1 to 12. I will also be choosing 4 losers that I think deserve a second chance. Whether that be because they put up a good showing or be it because the robot looks interesting or had untapped potential.
There will then be a single elimination bracket until we have our champion
(For those confused. It’s the same format as season 1 of rebooted battlebots)
Battle Rules:
BBeans Tournament Arena V2
3 minute matches. If a match goes the full 3 minutes, it will be judged by a panel of judges.
If a robot havoks/causes crashes 3 times, it loses the match.
If your weapon clips through the floor while trying to self-right too many times then it will be deemed immobilised.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 09:38:18 AM by SamFM52 »

Offline TheRoboteer

• Mr Big Blue Flipper
  • Rep: 9
  • "I HATE SEBASTIAN COE!"
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2021
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: TheRoboteer#8784
Re: New Tournament - Robotic Destruction League
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2020, 09:09:38 PM »
I'll look into this...
Uhh... This tournament is finished. He just didn't update the GTM thread. Check the tournament channel on discord
Notable Tournament Performances:
The Beginner's Guide to IRL:
https://gametechmods.com/forums/tutorials-and-tips/irl-a-beginner's-guide

SamFM52

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2020, 03:30:42 AM »
Hello and welcome to my first and hopefully not last tournament. Welcome to the Robotic Destruction League

So I know in the community my bots can be a bit jokey. Or that I'm not the most serious of people. But this tournament is going to be serious. I want to create a respected tournament that people are excited to enter. That's well presented and edited. So hopefully I can create something that brings more enjoyment for people.
So what is this tournament. Well there will be a more detailed ruleset in a link at the bottom of this however I thought I'd go through some of the basic rules and regulations. It's essentially the Orc Wars ruleset with some tweaks I've made to it. (If you're going to copy someone copy the best right). When I get more confident I'll design my own ruleset but for my first ever tournament I'll use something I know works.

This is a tournament for heavyweight bots. So 600.1kg to 800kg. Generic DSL IRL ruleset will apply but there will be a link to the full ruleset which will explain everything in more detail. The battle format is essentially 2015 Battlebots. So there will be 23 bots I need from you guys as I will be submitting one bot myself. Each robot will fight one other robot in a qualifying match. Win and you qualify for the last 16. These winners will then be ranked by me from 1 to 12. I will also be choosing 4 losers that I think deserve a second chance. Whether that be because they put up a good showing or be it because the robot looks interesting or had untapped potential. I will be taking input from the viewers to help me decide on what robots deserve a second chance. These robots will then be ranked from 13-16. From then on, it's a straight knockout, single elimination bracket to crown our champion. Fights will take place in the 2016 Robot Wars Arena.

Bot submissions will be done by DMing me on discord. Please send me your bot with any skinned component folders needed to make the robot work. AI lines are encouraged but not 100% mandatory. Do be aware though I am not the greatest AI line writer so it would be preferable to have AI lines written by yourself. To begin with you may submit two bots. Then if a week passes and we haven't got enough bots I will open up third entries.
There is one final bot submission rule. This rule is only in effect for the first series of the Robotic Destruction League. You can't submit a bot that has reached the top 4 of any competition not hosted by yourself. This is so that we can see some good bots that have maybe got unlucky with bad draws and such reach their potential and we can crown a new champion.

Hopefully you guys will sign up for this and I will do my best to make the community proud with this tournament.
Link to ruleset - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vgHh7vfmoQZl3GmLneTHXBscT06kHIZU/view?usp=sharing

Ruleset:
Basic Tournament Stuff:
DSL-IRL ruleset - Robots must look as close to real-life designs as possible/insides must NOT be clipping through each other nonsensically. (Batteries inside motors, flippers passing through insides etc)
Heavyweight limit of 800kg.
Skinned components are encouraged so long as you send me the files necessary for it to function
BFE/OBJ are legal.
You can only submit a robot that has never made a top 4 in any competition that wasn’t hosted by yourself. (This will only be a season 1 rule as I hope to do more seasons but I want to give a robot a title that has never won a championship)
Weapon Limits:
Spinners:
- VERTS: 2 large teeth (15-24kgs) ex: Large Typhoon, Ripping Teeth, Large Nightmare, etc OR 4 small teeth (7-14kgs) ex: Small Typhoons, Cutting Teeth, Heavy DS Teeth, etc OR 6 Small/Medium/Large Beaters.
- HORIZONTALS: 2 large teeth (15-24kgs) ex: Large Typhoon, Ripping Teeth, Large Nightmare, etc OR 4 small teeth (7-14kgs) ex: Small Typhoons, Cutting Teeth, Heavy DS Teeth, etc OR 6 Small/Medium/Large Beaters.
- Wedged drums are allowed provided 50% of the drum is visible: Can use up to 10 Small, 8 Medium or 8 Large Beaters. Other teeth types would not be allowed on these bots.
- Mechavore/Minion discs of both sizes banned.
- Maximum allowed weapon weight of 100kgs for non-cosmetic damaging weapons allowed on a bot (including dsl bars). This does NOT include your weapon setup (disks, extenders, etc).
- 2400 max dp allowed.
- Use basic common sense if mixing weapons (ex: 4 small typhoons and 2 larges is not allowed)
- TO CLARIFY A WEDGELESS DRUM: real examples, Magnetar is a wedged drum while Tornado/Sabretooth are wedgeless.
----------------------
Axes/Hammers/Clamps:
-These robot types struggle as it is, therefore just don’t take the piss with them. (Example, 5 burst axe bot or sticking everything you can on one axe).
----------------------
Flippers:
- Front/Rear hinges are allowed up to 1 Beta Burst/Motor or 2 VDMA R/P Bursts/VDMA Front Hinged/Storm Burst/Mag Snappers
- Top Hinges are allowed 2 burst/VDMA or Mag Snappers maximum.
- ALL flipper types must have a maximum flipping arc of 90 degrees _| <- like that.
-------------------
cheatbot2:
- Flatmotors allowed ONLY on wedgeless drums and overhead saws. VS/wedged gutrippers that use drums do not count. Not allowed as drive motors, max of two flat motors per bot
- Overkill motors and Razer motors are the only other CB2 parts legal
---------------------------
Other:
- Damaging weapons on the front of rammers/wammers are allowed. If you plan to use weapon teeth the same limits apply as they do on spinners. If you plan on using spikes or anything like that just don't go too overboard
- All DSL 2.2 IRL edition armors allowed
- Skirts only allowed on dustpans with proper support
- Free hinges/axles are banned for wedges/wedgelets. These are allowed for details like Rat King’s tail/Purin’s headband however!
- Ant Blades are banned for all bot types.
- No EternalFlame.py or logic.
- No servos UNLESS you can AI it yourself then feel free to send me the servo bot with the AI.
- No meltybrains.
- Clusterbots are allowed: they must strictly be Middleweights. No minibot nonsense. 50/50 split.
- No weapon spam or stacking. I won’t limit parts but I will be clamping down on robots I think are pushing it.
- No excessive extender spamming/stacking (Extenderbots are allowed of course but if you use extenders to armour your bot….just use the armour panels!)
Qualification:
23 bots (24 including 1 bot entered by me
Each robot will fight one other robot. Win and you qualify for the last 16.
These winners will then be ranked by me from 1 to 12. I will also be choosing 4 losers that I think deserve a second chance. Whether that be because they put up a good showing or be it because the robot looks interesting or had untapped potential.
There will then be a single elimination bracket until we have our champion
(For those confused. It’s the same format as season 1 of rebooted battlebots)
Battle Rules:
BBeans Tournament Arena V2
3 minute matches. If a match goes the full 3 minutes, it will be judged by a panel of judges.
If a robot havoks/causes crashes 3 times, it loses the match.
If your weapon clips through the floor while trying to self-right too many times then it will be deemed immobilised.
Tournament now finished. Thanks to all for competing

Offline Gulden

• Am I still considered active?
  • Rep: 7
  • Currently trying to make a Riff in Time and Space.
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2019 BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Gulden#1901
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2020, 05:12:19 PM »
I'll look into this...
Uhh... This tournament is finished. He just didn't update the GTM thread. Check the tournament channel on discord
I have several words that I would like to say about that decision, but don't know how to express it.
Just know I didn't realize this tourney happened either.
I have several opinions.