Author Topic: Cannon Kerfuffle (ENTRIES OPEN) (feedback appreciated too)  (Read 702 times)

Offline TeamScrewUp

• Antweight
  • Rep: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Cannon Kerfuffle (ENTRIES OPEN) (feedback appreciated too)
« on: February 13, 2021, 01:31:58 PM »
Cannon Kerfuffle is a tourney where the only allowed weapon are Cannons. Nothing else. No spinners, no flippers, no spikes. Just Cannons. Be creative and make dumb and interesting machines, just make sure they have a Cannon. (And that they follow the rules of course. (I don't know what else to say this is mt first tourney)

Entries (3 spots open, 5 taken)
• KANNON KART (ForceOfWill)
•Vlad The Enslaver (KelimpelJR)
•Tiny Rise (Robert)
•Rustic (Dabdabdab (me))
•Al Mudamir (Hexbug)

Cannon Kerfuffle RULES:

Basic Tournament Stuff:

DSL-IRL ruleset - Robots must look as close to real-life designs as possible/insides must NOT be clipping through each other nonsensically. (Batteries inside motors, flippers passing through insides etc)Heavyweight limit of 800kg.RA2CF are allowed and are encouraged for this tournament, along with skinned components.BFE/OBJ are legal.Due to previous events outside of (other competitions), you must enter your OWN robots and not robots made for you. (DSL IRL packs may not be allowed)

Also: heavyweight's only. Weight limit = 800
Weapon Limits:

Cannons are the only legal weapon, no spikes, no spinners, no flippers, no saws.

If its not a Cannon then it isn't allowed. Simple.

Maximum of 2 large co2 canisters within the bot.

====================

- All DSL 2.2 IRL edition armors allowed

- Skirts only allowed on dustpans with proper support

- Free hinges/axles are banned for wedges/wedgelets. These are allowed for details like Rat King’s tail/Purin’s headband however!

- Ant Blades are banned. (Its not a cannon)

- No EternalFlame.py or logic. (Not a cannon)

- No servos UNLESS you can AI it yourself then feel free to send me the servo bot with the AI.

- No meltybrains. (Not a cannon)

- Clusterbots are allowed: they must strictly be Middleweights. No minibot nonsense. 50/50 split.

- No weapon spam or stacking. I won’t limit parts but I will be clamping down on robots I think are pushing it. I won’t be lenient. (Or will i??????? :OOOOOO)

- No excessive extender spamming/stacking (Extenderbots are allowed of course but if you use extenders to armour your bot….just use the armour panels!)

Qualification:

Single entry, second and third entries may open if there aren't many entries

Battle Rules:

Robot Wars 2016 Arena. 3 minute matches. If a match goes the full 3 minutes, it will be judged by a panel of judges. If a robot havoks/causes crashes 3 times, it loses the match.If your weapon clips through the floor while trying to self-right too many times then it will be deemed immobilised.

Format:

4 heats, 8 robots per heat, starts with two, four way melee's where only two can survive. The two winners from each rumble will go into 1-on-1 battle's to determine the heat final winners. (The heat final winners will then of course fight for victory)

All the losers (6 losers per heat other than the heat final) go into a heat losers bracket of 1-on-1's, ending with a Three-way rumble. The winner of that rumble go into a wildcard heat to determine the 5th grand finalist.

The losers of the heat final go into a secondary wildcard heat to determine the 6th wildcard.

The Grand Final is two, three-way melee's, where only 2 can survive, the remaining four go into 1-on-1's, leaving 2 remaining (the grand finalists)

« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 01:57:07 PM by TeamScrewUp »

Offline TeamScrewUp

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Cannon Kerfuffle (ENTRIES OPEN) (feedback appreciated too)
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2021, 01:33:51 PM »
Also, for entries, message me on discord (dabdabdab#9293)

Offline TeamScrewUp

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2021, 02:38:07 PM »
Dayum...that's ONE way to be original...

:gawe:

Yup! I wanted to do something less serious first :p

Offline TommyProductionsInc

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 12
  • The Forum Autistic
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2021, 11:37:43 PM »

I like that mentality. I do something similar with my tournament entries.

Offline TeamScrewUp

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2021, 10:12:19 AM »

I like that mentality. I do something similar with my tournament entries.

Thanks! And nicee. Originality is good :)