Author Topic: Annihilation Nation 2 - Signups Phase (72/64) (SIGNUPS CLOSED)  (Read 3695 times)

Offline doot

Annihilation Nation 2 - Signups Phase (72/64) (SIGNUPS CLOSED)
« on: September 05, 2020, 03:59:57 PM »
Annihilation Nation 2 Logo.png

It's been a looooooong time since I've hosted a tournament. Thankfully, with new tools at my disposal, I'm ready to finally resume hosting for all of you!
The days of mega-tournaments like RGS2 may be numbered, but I have something else I think you guys are gonna love: A new Annihilation Nation! Hey, gotta do something for my 1000th post. :P

Section 1: Base Rules:
DSL 2.4 - Strict IRL.
Cruiserweight Tournament (399.1KGs-600.0KGs)
There is a maximum of 64 entries in the tournament.
1 robot per person entering. This increases to 2 'bots per person after a week and 3 'bots after 2 weeks have passed.
You cannot reserve any spots in this competition. This is a first-come-first-serve type deal.
As usual, I reserve the right to reject a 'bot for any possible reason, such as if it is not IRL enough or has too much weaponry.
--If your entry is rejected, you do not take up a spot in the entry list until you make a 'bot that is aceptable enough to enter.
Once you have submitted an entry, you can only update it once and once only.
--This does not include skinning or smartzone re-arrangements as they do not change up anything with the 'bot besides AI behaviours.
To keep impartiality with judges' decisions, I am not entering this tournament.
I will be able to AI your 'bots for you if you don't provide any bindings, but be aware that I am extremely rusty with AI so its best you try to do it yourself where possible.
Game-breaking or computer-destroying 'bots will cause you to be banned from all future tournaments should I run any in the future. Don't **** around.

Section 2: Building Rules:
Part 1: Locomotion:
Wheels, treads, weaponised wheels, shuffling pods and even legs are allowed for this tournament.
--Wheels, treads and weaponised wheels (such as sawblade wheels) gain no weight bonus.
--Shufflers and walkers get a 25% weight bonus, going up to 750KGs. The bonus weight allowance must be used on the locomotion itself, so at a bare minimum, they must have 150KGs dedicated to their movement.
--The 'bot must show controlled movement throughout all testing and has to move properly during battles at the start.
Part 2A: Weaponry:
All weapon types are allowed to be used in this tournament, though restrictions will be applied to certain weapon types.
--Robots that use Sit and Spin tactics will only be allowed to engage at very short distances to prevent them being unapproachable.
--Meltybrain Spinners cannot use any form of moving weaponry, only allowed to have static weapons. They must also have LEDs placed around to simulate actual meltybrain systems.
--Offensive armour or defensive offense-type weaponry will not be allowed. This rule is more relaxed with pure rammers, but be mindful of the amount of weaponry you're using.
--Any 'bots that have multiple weapons (such as an Axe/Flipper or front and rear discs) are allowed, but make sure it can be AI'd properly by me.
--Flamethrowers cannot use eternalflame.py to prevent abuse. Make sure you have AI that doesn't emulate this if you want to enter a flamebot.
--All forms of flippers or axes are only allowed to use a maximum of 2 bursts for their weapon. Any more and it won't be allowed.
--Top-Hinged robots can only use servo motors for flipping instead of pneumatic bursts to better simulate how they work IRL.
Part 2B: Weapon Restrictions:
Certain weapons will either be restricted or banned to better balance the fights.
--Maximum weapon limit allowed is 100KGs for non-cosmetic weaponry.
--There is no Damage Point cap for this tournament, but there are restrictions to weapons to better balance their usage in-game.
--Ant Blades are banned outright due to their overwhelming power.
--Small Teeth (such as Cutting Teeth, Double-Sided Teeth and Small Typhoon Teeth) are limited to 6 teeth per 'bot.
--Large Teeth (such as Large Typhoon Teeth, Ripping Teeth and Large Nightmare Teeth) are limited to 4 teeth per 'bot.
--Beaters are limited to 10 Small beaters, 8 Medium Beaters or 6 Large Beaters, cannot be mixed with each other and are only allowed to be used with spinners.
--Flippers can only have a maximum burst power of 400 alongside the two-burst limit, so Beta Bursts, Long VDMA's and Medium-Long VDMA's can only have one fitted in at a time. The Slow Mag Snapper is the exception to this rule as that is not designed to throw machines out of the arena.
--Flippers cannot be directly weaponized by attaching weapons directly onto the flipper arm. They will be considered as Popups, which are not allowed. Clamps, however, can still have weaponry attached to them.
--Axebots and Rammers are fine, but be careful with weapon spam where possible. As for other weapon systems like grabbers, clamps, turreted weapons and other unique weaponry, make sure you follow all the rules and regulations.
Part 3: Robot Designs:
Modular robots are allowed in this tournament.
--There can only be a maximum of 3 configurations per robot that uses modular weaponry. They must also share a facet of design that stays the same throughout, such as the chassis or detachable wheel pods.
--When the fight cards are announced, you'll be given a set amount of time to decide your configs for battles. Due to the heat-like structures, make sure you account for every possible battle you'll face as you won't be allowed to change once the deadline ends. There will be further deadlines for the semi-finals and finals, so don't worry about those.
The nature of the tournament means that clusterbots, drones and distraction robots are completely banned.
Custom components and other such components are allowed and encouraged if you want to give your 'bots extra flair.
--Make sure you have the files sent to me. If you don't send them, the entry will have to be automatically rejected.
As usual, make sure there's some effort put into your machines. Obvious low-effort junk is not allowed, and being a jokebot is still not a valid excuse. Put some bloody effort in.
Soundbites can be changed, but extremely loud ear-rape sounds are not allowed.
Inappropriate nameschemes or skins will cause an automatic rejection requiring you to fix the skin/name. This is a family-friendly show, ya cunt!
Part 4: Cheatbot2 parts:
The only cheatbot2 parts allowed in this tournament are the Overkill/TDD servo motors, Razer Snapper Servos, Stock Bracket Wedges and the Stock Flamethrowers.
The lighter and newer motors negate the need to use Flatmotors now, so they're banned.

Section 3: Battle Rules:
Part 1: General Rules:
The fights take place in the Annihilation Nation Arena, a reskinned version of the Ring Arena, now in a higher resolution this time around.
The fights will last for 3 minutes, with me doing the judging if there is no clear winner(s) if the match ends.
As usual, I will be marking on Control, Damage and Aggression. Control and Damage give 2 points while Aggression is worth 1 point in the judging criteria.
--In the case of 2 'bots going through, the points given to the second 'bot for any criteria will be halved, so 'bot 1 will get 2 points for damage while 'bot 2 gets only 1 point, as an example.
Part 2: Immobilisation Clauses:
A robot is considered to be immobilized if any of the criteria are met in the match:
--The 'bot's chassis has been destroyed and thus has been immediately knocked out.
--The 'bot is unable to move in a controlled fashion on its own, such as if one wheel has been taken off while its still able to move. This will start the countdown for the 'bot in question.
--If all locomotion has been stripped off, the countdown is reduced to 10 seconds before its eliminated.
--The 'bot is completely unstable and cannot move without shaking out of control, such as if an overhead spinner has lost one half of its weapon and cannot re-stabilise to move properly.
If a 'bot meets any of these criteria, a 30-second countdown is self-imposed by me, reduced to 10 seconds if all locomotion is gone. Once the countdown is up, the 'bot is eliminated regardless of what happens.
Part 3: Miscellaneous:
The crash patch makes fights a lot better, but there will still be havoks around. If that happens and it severely affects the outcome of the fight in some way (such as throwing a 'bot OotA), the match will be restarted.
--I do have patience and will constantly re-record until a match occurs with no havoking. In a worst-case-scenario, the match will still have to feature minimal havoks.

Section 4: Battle Structure:
Part 1: The Heats:
This time around, Annihilation Nation will have 8 heats, with 8 robots in each heat.
The first round will feature 2 4-way rumbles, with 2 robots progressing to the next round.
The two losers from each match move to the Loser's Rumble, where only 1 robot can survive. The other 3 machines are eliminated for good.
The two winners from each battle move onto the Winner's Rumble. Only 1 robot can win from this battle and they will automatically move on to the Semi-Finals.
The winner of the Losers Rumble and 3 losers from the Winner's Rumble move onto the Final Showdown, where only one robot can survive and move onto the Semi-Finals. The other 3 machines go out for good.
Part 2: The Semi-Finals:
In the Semi-Finals, 16 robots will fight in 2 separate Semi-Finals, consisting of 4 'bots each from the Winner's Rumble and Final Showdown.
The Semi-Finals work the same as the heats, with rumbles all the way through the Semi-Final. 2 'bots go through from each Semi-Final, with 2 winners from both the Winners Rumble and Final Showdown each.
Part 3: The Grand Final:
The Grand Final works similarly to the Heats, except there are only 4 robots left in this stage.
The first fight is a rumble where the best 2 'bots move to the Winner's Final.
The losers move onto the Loser's Semifinal, where the loser is eliminated and takes 4th place.
The Winner's Final decides the first Grand Finalist. The loser fights the winner of the Loser's Semifinal.
The 2 'bots fight in the Loser's Final, where the winner becomes the second grand finalist in the Ultimate Showdown. The loser takes third place.
The 2 remaining 'bots fight off in the Ultimate Showdown in a winner-takes-all battle. The winner becomes the Champion of Annihilation Nation 2 while the loser takes Second Place.

Sorry if the battle structure sounds convoluted, I typically don't explain stuff all that well. :P

Section 5: Grudge Matches and Specials:
Like last Annihilation Nation, you guys can request grudge matches and other such battles if you want me to do 'em.
You guys have no limit to what can be requested, but I will only be able to do a maximum of 10 battles from each category.
Part 1: Vengeance Matches:
These matches are simple one-on-one vengeance battles. You can request your own 'bots to fight, or 2 from other people, whatever you want.
Part 2: Mayhem Battles:
These are three-way melees. Again, you can request your own 'bots take part or other 'bots by other people to battle, whatever makes you happy.
Part 3: Tag-Team Battles:
Battles of 4 'bots, with two 'bots each fighting in separate teams. Usual rules apply, and if the match goes to a 2v1 when the fight ends, the team with a 'bot eliminated automatically loses.
Part 4: Rumbles:
Simple 4-way battles done in the usual Annihilation Nation way, with only one winner. Usual rules apply.
Part 5: Reserve Rumbles:
This will be a mini-episode of its own should I go through with this. An extra 8 'bots that failed to make the deadline will be reserved for this special, where they will fight in the traditional heat format. Unlike the heats, however, the final two robots will battle each-other in a 1-on-1 battle to decide the reserve rumble champion.
Part 6: Royal Rumble:
A fight between all 64 robots that entered the main tournament. In this, all 64 robots will fight, four at a time, in an endurance match until only one 'bot stays standing at the end. The lone survivor will be crowned the Royal Rumble Champion. Rules will be better explained at the end of the tournament.

The Arena:

ANArena.png

SIGNUPS ARE OFFICIALLY OVER.

Entry List Keycode:
Green: Accepted, AI'd and ready to go.
Orange: Entry Accepted.
Blue: Entry Received, but not accepted.
Red: Entry Rejected. A PM will be sent to notify you what happened.
Italics: Entry Updated. The entry cannot be updated from hereon in.

Official Entry List:
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 01:04:17 PM by doot »

Offline TheOrcCorp

• I push buttons and hope GTM doesn't explode.
  • Rep: 20
  • A mean, green, small brained machine!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Annihilation Nation 2 - Discussion and Planning.
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2020, 04:30:05 PM »
I'm looking forward to this, the DSL tournament that inspired me to move to DSL returns...good to have you back!
GTM 2017 Awards - Most Unique Bots (shared with DSC) and Most Enthusiastic Member!
GTM 2018 Awards - Friendliest and Kindest/Most Unique Bots/Best Tournament 2018/Best Tournament by Editing/Best Tournament by Matches!
GTM 2019 Awards - Friendliest and Kindest(how)/Favourite Staff Member/Hall of Fame Inductee

Offline doot

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2020, 06:20:06 PM »
Added a new rule relating to top-hinged flippers. They can only use servo motors for their weaponry instead of bursts to prevent them from being overpowered.

Offline Gulden

• Am I still considered active?
  • Rep: 7
  • Currently trying to make a Riff in Time and Space.
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2019 BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Gulden#1901
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2020, 06:52:28 PM »
I'm excited to see you hosting again.  I hope this goes well.
I have several opinions.

Offline doot

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2020, 11:45:57 AM »
New rules added. You can find all about them in Part 2B of Section 2.

The arena is still yet to be fully skinned, but that's the main thing left to do besides various tweaks.

Edit: The arena is officially skinned and ready to roll! All that's left is potential tweaks to the ruleset and some editing on my part, but we're almost ready!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2020, 01:38:19 PM by doot »

Offline Gulden

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2020, 12:15:52 AM »
Offensive armour or defensive offense-type weaponry will not be allowed.
I'm guessing this means I can't make a standard robot with a rear plow, then spin it around and call it swiss army.
That was weirdly worded, so see also: Nibbler from extreme bots.
I have several opinions.

Offline doot

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2020, 05:24:37 PM »
New rule added regarding flippers with weaponry attached. They are not allowed unless you are building a clampbot.

Offensive armour or defensive offense-type weaponry will not be allowed.
I'm guessing this means I can't make a standard robot with a rear plow, then spin it around and call it swiss army.
That was weirdly worded, so see also: Nibbler from extreme bots.

As long as the plow itself isn't weaponized all that much, you should be all right. This is more of a case-by-case basis to prevent any abuse of weaponry from happening.

Also, another update, signups have a set start date. Be prepared.

Offline Hoppin

• I save GTM
  • Rep: 10
  • -rep TheRoboteer. "queermint"
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Hoppin#0013
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2020, 06:01:48 AM »
Super giga Hufflebloods time
Things I did & done

Offline doot

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2020, 12:04:41 PM »
New update: Added Section 5 that better explains extra matches that'll happen at the end of the tournament.

Offline doot

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2020, 11:59:57 AM »
The countdown begins, everyone. Only 24 hours remain before the floodgate open and Annihilation Nation 2 can kick off!

Offline Gulden

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2020, 01:05:35 PM »
Under the assumption you're keeping to the 18:00 BST...
Time is up, specifically.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 10:21:01 AM by Gulden »
I have several opinions.

Offline doot

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2020, 05:15:59 AM »
Under the assumption you're keeping to the 18:00 GMT...
Time is up, specifically.
Actually, you're one hour late and that's 'cause I got the wrong timezone. I'm still not very good with this type of thing. :V

The tournament actually starts at 18:00 BST now, so my bad. :P

Offline doot

Annihilation Nation 2 - Signups (OPEN)
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2020, 12:00:03 PM »
It's time to begin the signups phase! As of this message, Annihilation Nation 2 is now currently accepting entries!

There's no supposed deadline yet, but be sure to enter ASAP so you don't miss your opportunity!

Offline doot

Annihilation Nation 2 - Signups Phase (06/64)
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2020, 12:58:25 PM »
Already we've had 7 entries enter AN2! Here's what we have:

Entry ready to go: TheRoboteer
Entries Accepted: KidDelta, NickyDustyOwl, SamFM52 and Guldenflame.
Entries Rejected: Nabi (Issues with realism, mainly from battery and motor placement)
                          botbuster (Motor clipping and misaligned components)

So 5 entries are already in out of 64 'bots! So far, so good...

Update:
Entry Accepted: WhatAmI
Entry Rejected: botbuster again (Issue relating to burst power)

06/64 entries in so far.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 01:45:46 PM by doot »

Offline doot

Re: Annihilation Nation 2 - Signups Phase (12/64)
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2020, 06:43:58 PM »
Another update:

Entry Ready: TheOrcCorp
Entries Accepted: botbuster, 8bean, PrimevalMamba and NeonCalypso.
Entry Update Accepted: KidDelta.

11 'bots have been entered so far! Not too late to get in! ^_^

Update:
Entries Ready to go: RedAce and 8bean.
Entry Rejected: ForceOfWill (Problems relating to chassis and supports)

The count has gone up to 12! This isn't too bad for the first day. ^_^
« Last Edit: September 11, 2020, 03:15:48 AM by doot »

Offline doot

Re: Annihilation Nation 2 - Signups Phase (15/64)
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2020, 11:17:01 AM »
A few new entries have arrived!
Entries Accepted: Koi-Chan/Koi-YTP, ForceOfWill and Evil Toaster.

The tournament now has 15/64 entries overall as the first day of signups end, which is amazing so far! Keep 'em coming, guys!

Offline doot

Re: Annihilation Nation 2 - Signups Phase (16/64)
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2020, 11:46:29 AM »
Not much to update, really, aside from one thing:
Entry Rejected: playzooki (Weapon supports are not fully IRL and inappropriate name/skin.)

Still at 15/64 entries! If you're able to, enter as soon as you can! ^_^

Edit: Entry Accepted and Ready to go: DylanTRM.

And now we're a quarter of the way there with 16 entries!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 04:53:50 AM by doot »

Offline doot

Re: Annihilation Nation 2 - Signups Phase (16/64)
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2020, 10:13:23 AM »
Just a reminder, there is a little over 24 hours left before Second Entries can be sent in, so keep that in mind!

I have still not received any new entries from anyone at the moment. Just currently waiting on people.

Offline doot

Re: Annihilation Nation 2 - Signups Phase (22/64)
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2020, 11:41:24 AM »
Second Entries are now available and I've had some new 'bots come in, all second entries.

Entries ready to go: TheRoboteer and TheOrcCorp (Second Entries) and Koi-Chan (First Entry)
Entries Accepted: NeonCalypso, NickyDustyOwl, Evil Toaster and Koi-Chan (Second Entries)

Up to 22 'bots from 16 different builders! We're now a third of the way there!

Offline doot

Re: Annihilation Nation 2 - Signups Phase (23/64)
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2020, 07:36:57 AM »
Couple new 'bots have come in.

Entry Accepted and Ready: geese (First Entry)
Entry Rejected: ForceOfWill (Second Entry) (Low-effort and inappropriate name.)

Up to 23 'bots!