Poll

How many bots would you enter?

5 (12.5%)
4 (10%)
10 (25%)
Damn man, why not just name it "Maximum Overkill 2"?
21 (52.5%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Author Topic: Maximum Overkill 2: Armageddon  (Read 12684 times)

Offline Mr. AS

• TheGloriousCarbideArstotzkanIronsideChaosProtocol
  • Rep: 19
    • robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Maximum Overkill 2: Armageddon
« on: February 05, 2015, 12:04:45 PM »

This tournament will be Stock AW, BW, LW, MW, and HW. Each class will have it's own tournament.
-Limit for AW is 125.0, BW is 175.0, LW is either 248.9-249.0, MW is 398.9-399.0, and HW is 800.0.
You can enter up 24 robots total. You can spread your entries evenly, or enter all of your bots in one division. No restrictions.
Double elimination, 1v1 best of one matches. The finals for each division will be best 3 of 5. Last bot standing is the winner.
The AW and BW divisions will take place in the Small Arena, the LW and MW competitions will take place in the RA2T#2 Tournament Arena, and the HW competition will take place in the DSL Tournament Arena. All will have hazards turned on, except for the small arena. Arenas will be reskinned.
Arena pictures:
No restrictions on bot quality. Come one come all, all skill levels will be accepted (but not all skill levels will win the tourney).

GENERAL RULES
-You know what "stock" means. No BFE, AAM, Hax Mode, cheatbot2, Thyrus Glitch, Text Editing, etc. Don't download anything like those stupid custom 1HKO lightsabers either.
-Reskinned components (stuff like black razors or green irons) don't count as custom "cheat" components as long as you don't touch the stats or edit the shape of the component. Please do not make any components transparent as that lags the game severely and makes match viewing unpleasant both on my end and on your end.
-Any and every non-cheatbot2 component included with the 1.4 version of stock is 100% legal, this includes the 140cm extenders, all AI parts, and the snapper II.
-Your bot must show some sort of controlled movement (I will be testing for this, but I am generally lenient about it). This includes crawlers, they must have some form of rear support so that it can drive forward.
-1 wheel drive robots will be allowed in the LW, MW and HW divisions only! AWs and BWs with less than two powered wheels will be rejected.
-Crawlers are allowed in all classes, but must have rear and/or front support to enable controlled movement (examples: long weapons on the front and back of your robot, 4 "wheel drive" crawlers such as Bumble Bee). If you can make an AW crawler work then by all means go ahead.
-Failing the controlled movement test will result in any infringing entries being rejected, you must replace your entry with something more stable/controlled (this will not count as updating your team).
-Smartzones do not count as weight if it pushes your robot above the weight limit. I will be using custom smartzones that do not add any weight on your robot. You cannot, however, spam smartzones to act as a ballast. Ballasts in stock are laughable in most cases anyway.
-Once accepted, you are allowed to update/change your team ONCE and only ONCE. Updating a single bot counts as updating your team, so be careful!
-Of course, adding bots to your team, or replacing an invalid bot doesn't count as updating your team. If you explicitly say that you want a sent bot to replace another bot on your team, that IS a update and will be counted as such.
-Any obvious attempts to counteract or otherwise exploit a loophole in the rules will be automatically DQ'd (example: sending 24 of the same bot).
-Multibots are allowed, even though there is really no reason to build a AW, BW or LW multibot.
-Replicas, IRL bots, and intentionally poorly built bots clearly built below the builders skill level ("jokebots") will be accepted, given they follow the rules. You're still limited to 24 entries per person, so be aware.

HAVOK RULES:
-Occasional, minor havok is counted as controlled movement as long as it is not constant (i.e. you cannot turn without going airborne).
-If your bot is suspected of causing a game-altering havok (example: teleporting into the ground or out of the arena completely, havok flipping another robot into a vulnerable position, changing the outcome of the match), the match will be restarted once. If it happens again during the match, the offending bot will LOSE THE MATCH IMMEDIATELY, no exceptions.

My entries will be:
Signups will run from when they open to when the splash/bracket/videos thread is made. A warning/last call will be made when the SBV thread is about to be made.

tl;dr It's kind of like Battlebots but not. The gigantic wall of text makes the tourney seem more complicated than it really is, if you just enter 24 stock robots and you should be fine.

This tournament won't be starting up for a while however, so hold onto your butts for now.

Green = Okay
Red = Not Okay

The following member(s) have used their update and can no longer update their team:
Redace
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 09:44:16 AM by Mr. AS »
How you make Alarm Clock Pizza is:
Step 1: You buy an alarm clock from the store, and then you have to break it and put it in the sauce.
Step 2: Fold the sauce in 5 slices and put it in the dough.
Step 3: Paint the eggs with a pitcher of a clock showing what time you want to wake up and eat pizza for breakfast.
Step 4: Put the eggs in the dough.
Step 5: Make it flat into a round shape and draw the time you want on it.
Step 6: Put some old steel to prevent other peple from stealing it.
Step 7: Make it flat and cut into 60 slices 1 for each minute in 1 our.
Step 8: Put in the oven set the timer to 30048813.2884 seconds and put the temperature on 'Volcano' setting.
Step 9: If you think it is take to long, then get yor alarm clock and set it to now so that it will ring and you can take it out.
Step 10: Take it out uv the uvin wen it is redy and go to bed. In the morning eat pizza and also eat yor hands bi mistake.

Offline HurricaneAndrew

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: -13
  • Admon is not pleased with your shenanigans.
    • HurricaneAndrew92
    • HurricaneAndrewGTM
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Armageddon
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 03:23:48 PM »
I might enter one bot. Could I do that?

#BlackNamesMatter  |  #HurricaneAndrewDidNothingWrong  |  #DemodNaryar  |  #OldfagAlliance

Offline RedAce

• Host of The Award Winning Deathmatch Series
  • Rep: 21
  • Yep, I'm that RedAce guy.
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: ThatRedAceGuy#3618
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2015, 03:28:06 PM »
You might as well call it Maximum Overkill 2: Maximum Armageddon. Maybe 12 or 24 for a maximum.

Oh I'll definitely enter, and enter more than 3 bots this time.

Offline R1885

• Rep: 3
  • Forum shopping list generator.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2015, 03:51:35 PM »
YES
STOCK

Offline Badnik96

• tired of your shit
    • Badnik96GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • BattleBots Wiki
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2015, 04:13:51 PM »
Will probably send most of the stuff I sent for MO and some middleweights. Maybe a heavy or two.

Offline Mr. AS

• robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Maximum Overkill 2: Armageddon
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2015, 04:14:41 PM »
You might as well call it Maximum Overkill 2: Maximum Armageddon.
That's a great idea actually. Changed the thread title and put in a logo.
Step 1: You buy an alarm clock from the store, and then you have to break it and put it in the sauce.
Step 3: Paint the eggs with a pitcher of a clock showing what time you want to wake up and eat pizza for breakfast.
Step 8: Put in the oven set the timer to 30048813.2884 seconds and put the temperature on 'Volcano' setting.
Step 9: If you think it is take to long, then get yor alarm clock and set it to now so that it will ring and you can take it out.
Step 10: Take it out uv the uvin wen it is redy and go to bed. In the morning eat pizza and also eat yor hands bi mistake.

Offline RedAce

• Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2015, 10:04:38 AM »
One other thing: Can you make sure that the small arena doesn't get bots stuck in the floor? I was testing my BW that's about as tall as a overhead poker, and it tarted like it sunk itself in the ground.

Offline Badnik96

• tired of your shit
    • Badnik96GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • BattleBots Wiki
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2015, 11:15:24 AM »
There would need to be an edited small arena gmf with higher starting points i think.

Offline Mecha

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 7
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2015, 04:02:39 PM »
I screamed in excitement once coming across this thread, so you could guess that I'm in. :P

Offline HurricaneAndrew

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: -13
  • Admon is not pleased with your shenanigans.
    • HurricaneAndrew92
    • HurricaneAndrewGTM
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2015, 05:07:09 PM »

Ahem.

#BlackNamesMatter  |  #HurricaneAndrewDidNothingWrong  |  #DemodNaryar  |  #OldfagAlliance

Offline Mr. AS

• robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2015, 05:31:21 PM »

Ahem.
Yeah go ahead. I largely encourage that you enter a multiple of 6 but you can enter any amount you want up to whatever I set the limit at.

e: I also decided that "the limit" will be 24 bot per person.

Offline helloface

• Rep: -11
  • 090901's cumslave
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Helloface#2112
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2015, 04:05:04 PM »
inb4 Bad Wedge Blues: Stock Boogaloo
Oh I'll be doing some banging.......

Offline 090901

• alcoholic in denial
  • Rep: 22
  • :mrgreen:
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2019 GTMCS2 Divison Winner GTMCS Division Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2015, 04:47:27 PM »
allow flamethrowers when

Offline Mr. AS

• robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2015, 10:46:35 PM »
Edited some of the rules.

-Arenas changed to OOTA arenas, Pure wedges (lol) and flippers are now viable.
-Crawlers legalized due to the nature of OOTA arenas.  (queue naryar rage)
-1WD banned in AW and BW and legalized in MW and HW, but they must have controlled movement just like any other bot despite acting as a SnS.
-256 bot limit removed. Things are gonna get cuhrazier than Devil May Cry (given I actually get 256 entries).

I just have to build more bots and skin the arenas, then the tourney should be underway.

Flamethrowers allowed never, by the way. IMO stock components have too little HP and flamethrowers will likely instarape any bot powered by motors (read: virtually all of them) and turn the tourney into a snoozefest. The reason they work in DSL is because most components have upwards of thousands of HP (with few exceptions) and higher speed, allowing them to not run at <2 MPH when they lose HP, while in stock every motor has a flat 400 HP and become virtually immobile when their drive motors lose HP (especially at LW level and lower). If Redace or Virus Bomb could throw their flame rammers up on the botexchange I could prove or disprove my theorycrafting, but as it stands right now flamethrowers likely won't be allowed for MO2.

inb4 Bad Wedge Blues: Stock Boogaloo
BWB: Stock edition would probably do better under the new rules.

Offline playzooki

• A title is a prefix or suffix added to someone's name in certain contexts. It may signify either veneration, an official position or a professional or academic qualification. In some languages, titles may be inserted before a last name (for example,
  • Rep: -34
    • View Profile
    • click to download more ram
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2015, 04:25:53 AM »
>-1 wheel drive robots will be allowed in the LW, MW and HW divisions only! MWs and HWs with less than two powered wheels will be rejected.

wat

Offline RedAce

• Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2015, 05:39:05 AM »
If Redace or Virus Bomb could throw their flame rammers up on the botexchange I could prove or disprove my theorycrafting, but as it stands right now flamethrowers likely won't be allowed for MO2.
I wasn't planing on entering it anyway, but here you go:

https://gametechmods.com/Robot_Exchange/MW/RedAce_Torment.bot

Also, playzooki does have a point, you say AW and BW 1WD is banned and MW HW 1WD is, yet the rules on the original post haven't changed that.

Offline Mr. AS

• robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2015, 08:28:50 PM »
-1WD typo fixed
-cheatbot2 still banned
-Tourney is now double elim to preemptively avoid flukes like
-My entries are in the first post
-Arena pics are in the first post

Tourney's ready for signups, it's go time.

Offline cephalopod

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2015, 01:45:28 PM »

This tournament will be Stock AW, BW, LW, MW, and HW. Each class will have it's own tournament.
-Limit for AW is 125.0, BW is 175.0, LW is either 248.9-249.0, MW is 398.9-399.0, and HW is 800.0.
You can enter up 24 robots total. You can spread your entries evenly, or enter all of your bots in one division. No restrictions.
Double elimination, 1v1 best of one matches. The finals for each division will be best 3 of 5. Last bot standing is the winner.
The AW and BW divisions will take place in the Small Arena, the LW and MW competitions will take place in the RA2T#2 Tournament Arena, and the HW competition will take place in the DSL Tournament Arena. All will have hazards turned on, except for the small arena. Arenas will be reskinned.
Arena pictures:
No restrictions on bot quality. Come one come all, all skill levels will be accepted (but not all skill levels will win the tourney).

GENERAL RULES
-You know what "stock" means. No BFE, AAM, Hax Mode, cheatbot2, Thyrus Glitch, Text Editing, etc. Don't download anything like those stupid custom 1HKO lightsabers either.
-Reskinned components (stuff like black razors or green irons) don't count as custom "cheat" components as long as you don't touch the stats or edit the shape of the component. Please do not make any components transparent as that lags the game severely and makes match viewing unpleasant both on my end and on your end.
-Any and every non-cheatbot2 component included with the 1.4 version of stock is 100% legal, this includes the 140cm extenders, all AI parts, and the snapper II.
-Your bot must show some sort of controlled movement (I will be testing for this, but I am generally lenient about it). This includes crawlers, they must have some form of rear support so that it can drive forward.
-1 wheel drive robots will be allowed in the LW, MW and HW divisions only! AWs and BWs with less than two powered wheels will be rejected.
-Crawlers are allowed in all classes, but must have rear and/or front support to enable controlled movement (examples: long weapons on the front and back of your robot, 4 "wheel drive" crawlers such as Bumble Bee). If you can make an AW crawler work then by all means go ahead.
-Failing the controlled movement test will result in any infringing entries being rejected, you must replace your entry with something more stable/controlled (this will not count as updating your team).
-Smartzones do not count as weight if it pushes your robot above the weight limit. I will be using custom smartzones that do not add any weight on your robot. You cannot, however, spam smartzones to act as a ballast. Ballasts in stock are laughable in most cases anyway.
-Once accepted, you are allowed to update/change your team ONCE and only ONCE. Updating a single bot counts as updating your team, so be careful!
-Of course, adding bots to your team, or replacing an invalid bot doesn't count as updating your team. If you explicitly say that you want a sent bot to replace another bot on your team, that IS a update and will be counted as such.
-Any obvious attempts to counteract or otherwise exploit a loophole in the rules will be automatically DQ'd (example: sending 24 of the same bot).
-Multibots are allowed, even though there is really no reason to build a AW, BW or LW multibot.
-Replicas, IRL bots, and intentionally poorly built bots clearly built below the builders skill level ("jokebots") will be accepted, given they follow the rules. You're still limited to 24 entries per person, so be aware.

HAVOK RULES:
-Occasional, minor havok is counted as controlled movement as long as it is not constant (i.e. you cannot turn without going airborne).
-If your bot is suspected of causing a game-altering havok (example: teleporting into the ground or out of the arena completely, havok flipping another robot into a vulnerable position, changing the outcome of the match), the match will be restarted once. If it happens again during the match, the offending bot will LOST THE MATCH IMMEDIATELY, no exceptions.

My entries will be:
Signups will run from when they open to when the splash/bracket/videos thread is made. A warning/last call will be made when the SBV thread is about to be made.

tl;dr It's kind of like Battlebots but not. The gigantic wall of text makes the tourney seem more complicated than it really is, if you just enter 24 stock robots and you should be fine.

This tournament won't be starting up for a while however, so hold onto your butts for now.

This is now a signups topic and the rules above may not change. You have 9 months :)
bristol bot builders / two headed death flamingo / snappy robots
//
kindest and friendliest '13, '15, '16, '17 / favourite staff member '14, '15

Offline Naryar

• hybrids oui oui
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2015, 02:02:36 PM »
Flamethrowers allowed never, by the way. IMO stock components have too little HP and flamethrowers will likely instarape any bot powered by motors (read: virtually all of them) and turn the tourney into a snoozefest. The reason they work in DSL is because most components have upwards of thousands of HP (with few exceptions) and higher speed, allowing them to not run at <2 MPH when they lose HP, while in stock every motor has a flat 400 HP and become virtually immobile when their drive motors lose HP (especially at LW level and lower). If Redace or Virus Bomb could throw their flame rammers up on the botexchange I could prove or disprove my theorycrafting, but as it stands right now flamethrowers likely won't be allowed for MO2.

Yeah, I think you may be right.

Though really flamers are big and unless people are hiding them under casters it shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Offline RedAce

• Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2015, 05:43:45 PM »
I'm not even halfway there. Better go fast then.

How long will matches be? It doesn't say in the rules.