Author Topic: Remember old members  (Read 26469 times)

Offline HereticBlue

• Rep: 22
  • Team Immersion Robotics
    • View Profile
    • Team Immersion
    • Awards
Re: Remember old members
« Reply #200 on: September 22, 2014, 09:51:06 PM »
woaah i didn't even catch ray2k when i first read this. he was the first person to make killer skins. MAD_Scientist still owes me a robot skin!

I made the AON2 Arena skin... I'm suprised the arena is still downloadable with the damn thing... I never realised how poor it was until I came back. :P
Team Immersion - Vulture, Amnesia, Amnesia 2, Halcyon, Hysteria and many commissions!

https://m.facebook.com/teamimmersionrobotics/

Offline toAst

• Rep: 5
  • this one goes out to all of my babies mamas
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #201 on: September 22, 2014, 09:51:34 PM »
I remember you Toast, didn't we have each other on MSN? I used to be Burnbotics Burnout bad in the old cringey embarrassing days. I was utterly useless! Now I'm making a Mod bigger than DSL under the Official Robot Wars brand (see modifications section) so erm... Times change don't they? :P
oh we've all changed. i remember i used to type with my two pointer fingers and it took me a half an hour to type a two sentence long post back when i was named RoBoTiX999 on robotarena.com

although i must apologisze i only vaguely remember you... i think we were acquainted not long before i first disappeared off the face of the internet
-------------------------------
who love to party

Offline HereticBlue

• Rep: 22
  • Team Immersion Robotics
    • View Profile
    • Team Immersion
    • Awards
« Reply #202 on: September 22, 2014, 09:56:18 PM »
Hahah, oh how complex keyboards used to be when we were young! :P

I can barely remember anyone either if I'm honest mate. Your user name is quite memorable, mine on the other hand was daft! I could only properly remember Goose, Click and ACAMs tbh. Then again it was ten years ago or so when I buggered off!

Who was the nutter who ran the other forum that was all dark ect? And he ran the biggest tourneys and fell out with people all the time? Was it RFSHQ or something?
Team Immersion - Vulture, Amnesia, Amnesia 2, Halcyon, Hysteria and many commissions!

https://m.facebook.com/teamimmersionrobotics/

Offline MassimoV

• I Move Weight
  • Rep: 24
  • I make rap for people of Serbia
    • MassimoVTV
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Mourning Glory
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #203 on: September 22, 2014, 09:58:56 PM »
reier

Offline toAst

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #204 on: September 22, 2014, 10:26:25 PM »
It was started by someone who joined since I came back. I rest my case.

krazy banned me from RFSHQ
i forgot kraZy was a mod there. it's all coming back to me now though. cherry flavored making all the forums skins out of swishy photoshop textures. people like disturbed660223(??). frezal's ms-paint troll avatar. TryMe's tarheels fitted cap avatar. Need4Speed's middle-aged kid-having ass. AW. my first robot arena 1 battle with beefy. the myfantasyleague tournament board that i was perpettually in last place on. be0t lagging me out of my only successful tournament run with H.T.H. Absolutely Everything when i'd demolished one of his trademark pop-ups and got a ten count pinned up against the corner (we'd battled like 6 times before that final match and i swear i had his number every time). spoof32. clutch1. towerboy. our2rovers. back when the forum was dark, dark grey. ra2 people like darkrat and his evil eye looking bot skins. foolishevil. jimXorb and the U.K. crew. FishofDoom and the ARC crew.

oooh lord.

ohh the memories.
who love to party

Offline toAst

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #205 on: September 22, 2014, 10:28:59 PM »
I'm assuming the Technex quip was sarcastic? That guy was bad news and attracted a distinctly notorious crowd. I lent a hand to his forum for reasons unknown.

The other popular RA2 forums were ARC, Bots4Battle, and RA Reborn. B4B closed down, RA-Reborn was absorbed into RFSHQ, and ARC is still around today.
Bots4Battle! that's where all of the england crew hung out. arguing in a 20 page long thread about how american football is for 'daft fat blokes' and how we all breathe through our mouths. what an irritating place that was
who love to party

Offline toAst

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #206 on: September 22, 2014, 10:37:56 PM »
Hahah, oh how complex keyboards used to be when we were young! :P

I can barely remember anyone either if I'm honest mate. Your user name is quite memorable, mine on the other hand was daft! I could only properly remember Goose, Click and ACAMs tbh. Then again it was ten years ago or so when I buggered off!

Who was the nutter who ran the other forum that was all dark ect? And he ran the biggest tourneys and fell out with people all the time? Was it RFSHQ or something?
ra-reborn was all black and green. i cant remember if i was a moderator there or i just had the highest post count of anyone. that place was my jams! it was i think acams, hx, krazy, nana and the rest of us snarky sharp witted internet types. the original ra1 site was also dark grey and that was the one ran by our2rovers and towerboy. tryme and some other guy who i can't quite remember right now but rfs would remember in a heartbeat were the 'hated' ones. TDS!! that was the mother ****er! we had a picture of his face as a smiley on rfshq. i miss rfshq. i still checked back from time to time as an admin. last i checked it was just STACK OF BUTTS posting goofy little flash stick animations and goose making cool line-rider type games. i feel bad for neglecting it but life happened for a while. rfshq was dark blue for a while, then light blue and swirly, then dark blue again. aceuplink was light blue with the default vb skin. arc was aqua and cobalt for a long time and ran the most primitive forum software right out of 1998. alphasim had his little gold forum that tag teamed with rfshq for the inter-forum tournament that was held back in the day (which was a BLAST, and i wish there was still a widespread multi-site multi-clique community so we could do that again)

youve all got me started. this could go on forever!
who love to party

Offline toAst

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #207 on: September 22, 2014, 10:45:15 PM »
radio f!! my man! please remind me if it was robotarena.com or that silly sega forum we tormented where that kid whos name began with a 'ky-' claimed to off himself in some remarkably dramatic anime-like manner off the side of a cliff and we layed into him for pages on end. if im not mistaken he might have been registered in both places, but i don't remember which forum it was that he posted as 'his girlfriend' to tell us that he did this for like the -nth time in like two years. that was a riot
who love to party

Offline toAst

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #208 on: September 22, 2014, 10:51:28 PM »
haha how ironic is this: http://web.archive.org/web/20061103173703/http://www.robotarena.com/wizforum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5095&PN=4

ooh and heres the inter-forum tournament i mentioned! unlike what it says on that page it did actually happen but i dont think it was finished. i remember battling the ra-reborn crew distinctly in an arena that was made out of the lumazone without walls

http://web.archive.org/web/20050316230337/http://www.freewebs.com/botbash/teams.htm

edit: death port 2... that was the damned be0t popup i swear i whooped. im totally not bitter, i swear...

there was a picture i made of all of my best middleweights and lightweights. hthae, oops aka the rapist, swampengeist, and some others. i really want that picture back so i can rebuild them. i'd release them in a bot pack if i could

EDIT OH MY GOD I FOUND IT!!!
and i forgot that the rapist actually DID get a MAD_Scientist skin. either that or it was done by hackerX.
 what a blast from the past!

swampy was a god damned beast. it could actually eat up most multi-exposed-z-tek spinners of it's time, which was quite an accomplishment. it was kind of a 'thing' back then that nobody had ever made a competitive hammer bot. i was inspired to make it by an ra2 building strategy guide that stated hammer bots were a lost cause in the game and that a decent hammer bot couldn't actually be built

the dustpan was terrible. i built it just to have a flipper bot for the picture haha

ill stop posting now
im satisfied :approve:
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 11:23:20 PM by toAst »
who love to party

Offline Larrain

• Beetleweight
  • Rep: 2
  • where's urjak
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #209 on: October 11, 2014, 10:25:50 PM »
Why did everyone just leave toAst walking down memory lane alone :(

Offline Meganerdbomb

• Rep: 6
  • Are you not entertained?
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #210 on: October 11, 2014, 11:50:05 PM »
Why did everyone just leave toAst walking down memory lane alone :(
Because nobody else is old enough to remember....
im just waiting for meganerdbomb to come along and kick things into gear.

Offline toAst

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #211 on: October 12, 2014, 12:12:07 AM »
d'aww

i dont mind being forums grandpappy

murmuring old war stories into the corner on my rocker

thanks for reading as i blather on though :)

youre my favorite new face now
who love to party

Offline Reier

• Rieir
  • Rep: 8
  • I GOT 3RD IN RAW1
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
  • Awards old BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #212 on: October 29, 2014, 01:17:29 PM »
reier

hi

wow do people actually still play this? and isnt nary like 4000000000000000 years old by now
ALERT- Another WS coming up...
voted best bot builder two times and counting babayy. the best ra2 builder who has never won an actual tournament match
ReiAI pack for Ironforge
My drawings, and my webcomics
Why online PVP will save RA2
The problem with competitive IRL in RA2
I'm fine with hugging reier

Offline RedAce

• Host of The Award Winning Deathmatch Series
  • Rep: 21
  • Yep, I'm that RedAce guy.
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: ThatRedAceGuy#3618
« Reply #213 on: October 29, 2014, 01:23:04 PM »
reier

hi

wow do people actually still play this? and isnt nary like 4000000000000000 years old by now
Welcome back dude. We do still play this game. Probably not a frequent as we did over the summer.

Offline Metal Virus

• Rep: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #214 on: November 07, 2014, 01:05:05 PM »
I stopped building years ago too, but I just picked up Ironforge   and found it fun to play around with. It makes it fun to experiment again. Also, I doubt you remember me, but you were one of the first people to give advice in my original n00b showcase.

There's a lot of names here that I don't recognize at all, but I did think yours was familiar.

The names I remember most are JimXorb, ACAMS, Starcore, Radio F Software, Rejected, Foolishevil, HackerX, Clickbeetle/Firebeetle, DarkRat, Goose, and Cherry Flavored. I recognize Toast as well, mostly from RFSHQ I think.

Above all though I remember the day Lu-Tze passed away. It's been just over a decade now, RIP.

This all seems like a long time ago, but it feels like yesterday.
Team Evil Dust Bunnies

Offline Naryar

• hybrids oui oui
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #215 on: November 07, 2014, 01:52:35 PM »
METAL VIRUS :O

Offline Mouldy

• Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: 4
  • Still can't make robots after 20 years.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Mr.Kinch
« Reply #216 on: November 07, 2014, 02:28:18 PM »
I've always wanted to see Mr Daniels make a return.

Or Ounce...

Or even G.K. It'd be interesting to have a talk to him about how I was back in 2009.

Offline RedAce

• Host of The Award Winning Deathmatch Series
  • Yep, I'm that RedAce guy.
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: ThatRedAceGuy#3618
« Reply #217 on: November 07, 2014, 02:53:35 PM »
Nice to see you around dude. I do like your entries for the first two BBEANS. Oh, and happy almost birthday!

Offline RedSawn

• aka RedlineM203
  • Rep: 4
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #218 on: November 07, 2014, 07:28:04 PM »
There's a lot of names here that I don't recognize at all, but I did think yours was familiar.

You might remember me under my old moniker. Not for the right reasons, of course. God I was a little ****nugget.

Though thinking about it, you must have seen Redline too, because we both entered BBEANS 2 at the time. God I was still a little ****nugget then.

Offline kill343gs

« Reply #219 on: November 07, 2014, 07:46:21 PM »
I stopped building years ago too, but I just picked up Ironforge   and found it fun to play around with. It makes it fun to experiment again. Also, I doubt you remember me, but you were one of the first people to give advice in my original n00b showcase.

The names I remember most are JimXorb, ACAMS, Starcore, Radio F Software, Rejected, Foolishevil, HackerX, Clickbeetle/Firebeetle, DarkRat, Goose, and Cherry Flavored. I recognize Toast as well, mostly from RFSHQ I think.

Above all though I remember the day Lu-Tze passed away. It's been just over a decade now, RIP.

This all seems like a long time ago, but it feels like yesterday.

yo. i feel you.

For once the mods did something right
#MakeGTMGreatAgain