Author Topic: Mouse Problems  (Read 2676 times)

Offline xanosz

• Beetleweight
  • Rep: 0
  • Yea Boi
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Mouse Problems
« on: January 23, 2010, 04:07:39 PM »
Hello
I seem to be having problems with my mouse and RA2. When i click the icon the game starts and goes to the main screen. Now heres where the problem comes, when ever i try to click something(exhibition, team hq, quit, options etc.) nothing happens. I've tried installing it and re-installing and switching my mouse settings to default but nothing works. Its really frustrating because I want play again and nothing is working.

Offline Jack Daniels

• Rep: 9
  • Losing Tournaments with Style
    • matt.morrill.12
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • My abandoned online RPG project.
    • Awards
Re: Mouse Problems
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 04:46:03 PM »
Uhm... Sparkey... you are not really good with computers.  Giving advice about them isn't a sound idea.

xanosz, did you download the patch for the game?  Which version are you playing (the cd or download)?

Offline xanosz

• Beetleweight
  • Yea Boi
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 04:59:48 PM »

xanosz, did you download the patch for the game?  Which version are you playing (the cd or download)?

I have the cd version. But its not like i got it yesterday. Ive had it for a while and then one day these problems started happening. At the time i had the 1.3 patch.

Offline Trovaner

• Rep: 32
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 07:20:19 PM »
Have you tried reinstalling? If not, make a copy of your Robot Designs folder and Teams folder and save them somewhere safe. Then reinstall RA2 before reapplying the saved folders.

Offline xanosz

• Beetleweight
  • Yea Boi
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2010, 08:22:12 PM »
Yes I've reinstalled multiple times i keep running into the same problems. Though i did save all my robots

Offline Badnik96

• tired of your shit
  • Rep: 3
    • Badnik96GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • BattleBots Wiki
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2010, 12:48:25 PM »
try clicking the mouse when the main screen comes up.

Offline Reier

• Rieir
  • Rep: 8
  • I GOT 3RD IN RAW1
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
  • Awards old BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2010, 04:52:49 PM »
Maybe someone put a sticky note on the bottom of your mouse. :P
ALERT- Another WS coming up...
voted best bot builder two times and counting babayy. the best ra2 builder who has never won an actual tournament match
ReiAI pack for Ironforge
My drawings, and my webcomics
Why online PVP will save RA2
The problem with competitive IRL in RA2
I'm fine with hugging reier

Offline xanosz

• Beetleweight
  • Yea Boi
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2010, 07:10:04 PM »
Maybe someone put a sticky note on the bottom of your mouse. :P
lol. I dont think its something wrong with the mouse itself(i have 2, one came with the computer and the other one i got at best buy or somewhere) it must be settings for the mouse

Offline Trovaner

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2010, 08:18:08 PM »
If you haven't already, I would perform a "System Restore" on your computer (it wouldn't remove any files so you have nothing to lose).

Offline xanosz

• Beetleweight
  • Yea Boi
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2010, 09:11:47 PM »
and how do i do that? sorry im a mac guy lol

EDIT: I figured out how to do that see how it goes

EDIT2: that didnt work either  :(
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 09:32:21 PM by xanosz »

Offline Clickbeetle

• Rep: 21
  • In Soviet Russia, bugs stomp YOU!
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Beetle Bros site
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2010, 10:46:36 PM »
This might sound dumb, but... this is a weird problem I haven't heard of.

Perhaps for some reason RA2 doesn't become the active window when you boot it up.  How to tell: Is your cursor the normal skinny Windows pointer, or is it more of a stout, fat arrow?  RA2 uses a special pointer in-game so if it changes you know the game is active.

Just click on the RA2 tab at the bottom of the screen on the Start menu bar in order to make it the active window, if it's not already.

To lack feeling is to be dead, but to act on every feeling is to be a child.
-Brandon Sanderson, The Way of Kings

Offline xanosz

• Beetleweight
  • Yea Boi
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2010, 11:29:54 PM »
This might sound dumb, but... this is a weird problem I haven't heard of.

Perhaps for some reason RA2 doesn't become the active window when you boot it up.  How to tell: Is your cursor the normal skinny Windows pointer, or is it more of a stout, fat arrow?  RA2 uses a special pointer in-game so if it changes you know the game is active.

Just click on the RA2 tab at the bottom of the screen on the Start menu bar in order to make it the active window, if it's not already.

Ok for clarification i can move the mouse with the mouse of the game around, but i cant click anything.

Offline TriTon

• Super Heavyweight
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2010, 08:07:39 PM »
I had the same problem a few years ago, couldn't click anything.

From what i think, pretty much means RA2 is busted for your computer, no way to fix it. When i had it, i tried system restore, reinstalling, virus scan, cleaning the disc, nothing worked.

So until someone finds a fix, you're outta luck.

Offline Trovaner

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2010, 09:36:42 PM »
Unfortunately, I think I had a similar problem on my laptop... The mouse would only go left and right and even if I was right over a button, it wouldn't let me click it with the in-game mouse. Unfortunately, the laptop is out of commission so I haven't been able to figure out what is causing the problem.

I'm sorry to say that I don't know of any way of fixing your mouse issue. I think it has something to do with DirectX but I have no idea how you would check/fix that.

Offline Naryar

• hybrids oui oui
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2010, 02:45:13 AM »
RAAAARGH GOD DAMN THIS

I am running into a similar problem. For some dumb reason, yesterday when i was leaving the exhibition screen of my cheat mod RA2 version (Stock rebuild with beetlebros parts; maybe to come if i am arsed to finish it one day and if i overcome my problems), the game :FFFUUU suddenly just stopped clicking on anything when on main menu. The cursor is here, it works perfectly, it highlights the buttons BUT just that damn thing.

All my versions of RA2 have the problem, even a Stock RA2 RAR that i unpacked for this.

I did a checkdisk, a defrag (that makes my comp run very smoothly now), but nothing!

I'll try reinstalling RA2 and DirectX 8.1 (I don't really need the 9 though)... i just hope the damn thing doesn't stops my RA2 builder career.

Offline xanosz

• Beetleweight
  • Yea Boi
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2010, 06:25:17 PM »
RAAAARGH GOD DAMN THIS

I am running into a similar problem. For some dumb reason, yesterday when i was leaving the exhibition screen of my cheat mod RA2 version (Stock rebuild with beetlebros parts; maybe to come if i am arsed to finish it one day and if i overcome my problems), the game :FFFUUU suddenly just stopped clicking on anything when on main menu. The cursor is here, it works perfectly, it highlights the buttons BUT just that damn thing.

All my versions of RA2 have the problem, even a Stock RA2 RAR that i unpacked for this.

I did a checkdisk, a defrag (that makes my comp run very smoothly now), but nothing!

I'll try reinstalling RA2 and DirectX 8.1 (I don't really need the 9 though)... i just hope the damn thing doesn't stops my RA2 builder career.

I fixed this problem but im not sure if you want to do it my way. If you reinstall the software on your computer(windows xp, vista or whatever you have) it fixes it. The guy at the computer place said that it was an update that did this. They released a patch for it but i don't have the link. Ill ask the guy at the computer store if he knows it

Offline Doomkiller

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 1
  • I HAS DOUBLE PISTOLS
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2010, 12:24:48 AM »
Man, this is a serious case of builders BLOCKed :P
"I make death fun!"
Quote from: NerdCubed
OH MY GOD IT'S JAWS!

Offline Naryar

• hybrids oui oui
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2010, 02:15:43 AM »
Yes, i am thinking reinstalling windows (for the 4th time since i had this comp) will fix this as well, but i need a CD for Mac drivers to work on windows and i broke the damn thing :FFFUUU

Thanks for help Xan. I could try finding the mouse fix link on the webz or uninstalling the latest update...